Registration for Summer and Fall 2017 will take place on Wednesday, April 12th and Thursday, April 13th. There is no priority registration for Summer courses, so you can register for summer courses beginning on April 12th, regardless of your Fall priority registration time. Your Fall registration time is based on your academic program and credits completed, as follows:
The priority groups are as follows:
|Priority Registration Group||Status||Registration Block|
||April 12th, Morning|
||April 12th, Afternoon|
To find your registration time, visit Student Planning on the Fall 2017 Washington College of Law Term tab through Eagle Service on MyAU. You can begin planning your semester through Student Planning now.
To log into Student Planning, go to your MyAU portal. Click on Finance, then on Eagle Service and select Student Planning and click on the tab that says Fall 2017 Washington College of Law Term or Summer 2017 Washington College of Law Term. Your Fall 2017 registration appointment date and time will be displayed at the top of your page in a yellow bar. You will be able to add courses to your schedule and use the calendar view to see your planned schedule. Remember: you are not enrolled in "planned" courses. You must add an available section to your plan and click the "Register" button in order to be enrolled in each course. You must do this separately for Summer and Fall courses.
Once your appointment time begins, you will have until the end of the add/drop period to enroll or make changes to your schedule. For Fall 2017, Spaces will be held for part-time students in elective classes and seminars that have both day and evening sections until noon on Thursday, April 20, 2017, at which point any interested student may register for those courses.
Please contact the Office of the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
Key points for a successful registration process:
- Access Student Planning via the Eagle Service Link on MyAU at https://myau.american.edu.
- A short video tutorial is available to help you learn to navigate the Student Planning system. View the tutorial.
- Before your registration appointment time begins, please check for and resolve all account stops that might block you from registering. This might include parking, account balances, immunizations, local address, etc. and can be resolved only by the appropriate entities, e.g., Student Accounts, WCL Facilities office, the Student Health Center.
- The waitlist process for classes will be in effect for all filled courses. For more information on the waitlist process, visit https://www.wcl.american.edu/registrar/waitlistprocess.cfm.
- Contact the American University Office of Information Technology Help Desk at email@example.com for technical assistance if you cannot log in or if you receive error messages.