- Humphrey Fellow Named Zimbabwean Human Rights Lawyer of the Year
- LL.M. in International Human Rights and Humanitarian Law welcomes new students to hybrid program
- Dean Grossman Hosts Alumni Dinner in Paris
- Founders Celebration Kicks Off with a Social Justice Event Honoring MLK
- AUWCL Organizes Seminar in Chile
- The Impact Litigation Project Submits Case to U.N. Working Group on Arbitrary Detention, Seeking Release of Egyptian Photojournalist
- Professor Presents at the White House, DOJ Event on Criminal Justice
- AUWCL Partners with Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute on Board Leadership Initiative
- Student Serves as Director of Hispanic Media for O'Malley
- Leading Migrant Rights' Organization Recognizes Professor with Prestigious Award
- Adjunct Professor Tanya Jones-Bosier: On Helping Law Students Become Lawyers
- Professor Hosts Roundtable on Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Bail and Pretrial Detention
- Anti-Corruption Program Director Participates in a Panel on Fighting Corruption
- 1L Takes Case Challenging Maryland's Gerrymandering to the Supreme Court
- Professor Fosters Human Rights in Israel
- ADR Team Takes Second at the William & Mary International Law Negotiation Invitational
- Students Prepare for Human Rights Careers at the UN General Assembly Session
- Dean Grossman To Preside Over 56th Session of the UN Committee against Torture
- AUWCL Partners with the Office of the Attorney General of Colombia
- Professor Delivers Founders' Lecture at Ollie May Cooper Awards
- July 10, 2015
Fourth Annual Judicial Reform Program Takes Place July 13-24
- June 24, 2015
AUWCL Offers Online Courses Aimed at New Graduates and Mid-Career Professionals
- May 15, 2015
American University Washington College of Law Welcomes Teams to 20th Annual Inter-American Moot Court Competition
- May 12, 2015
American University Washington College of Law to Welcome Tom Goldstein '95, Appellate Advocate and Co-Founder of SCOTUSblog, as 2015 Commencement Speaker
- April 21, 2015
AUWCL to Co-Host National Democracy Slam 2015
Tenley Campus News
American University Washington College of Law Public Relations and Marketing
The AUWCL Office of Public Relations and Marketing is responsible for representing and promoting all facets of the law school through a variety of methods and media -advertising, branding, publications, video, social media, and website content. The office works with the media to connect faculty experts with reporters and producers covering current legal topics. The law school and its faculty experts receive more than 7,000 media hits each year from outlets in the U.S. and around the world. View some of our recent media highlights here.
In addition, the office works with AUWCL's Admissions Offices and its more than 20 special programs on marketing and outreach initiatives throughout the year. Please see our staff biographies below for information on the appropriate contact person for your needs.
Director, Public Relations and Marketing
Franki Fitterer has been the director of public relations and marketing at AUWCL since 2008. She manages the law school's marketing and media relations initiatives as well as publications and web content, and is the primary media contact for questions regarding the law school and its programs. She was previously the associate director for marketing and communications at California Western School of Law in San Diego where she directed the media relations and marketing programs. At California Western, Fitterer also conducted extensive media outreach for the California Innocence Project, a program that worked to free wrongfully convicted inmates. She has a B.A. in Communication (Journalism) from the University of San Francisco and an M.A. in Political Science from American University's School of Public Affairs.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Megan Crawford joined the public relations and marketing team in fall 2013. She manages marketing and program advertising for Abroad and D.C. Summer Programs, publications, and other general marketing projects. Crawford brings over five years of marketing and communications project management experience overseeing the implementation and development of print and online initiatives. Her background includes financial and health care marketing with an emphasis on education and literacy. She holds an MBA from Old Dominion University and a B.S.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Tennessee at Martin.
Public Relations Coordinator
Maria Mikey joined the public relations and marketing team in June 2015. In her role, Mikey focuses on media relations, social media strategy, event publicity, and content marketing. She previously worked with the public relations team in CNN’s Washington, D.C. bureau and served as a communications assistant for the School of Nursing & Health Studies at Georgetown University. She holds a B.A. in Journalism from St. Petersburg State University and an M.P.S. in Public Relations and Corporate Communications from Georgetown University.
Staci Gorden joined the Office of Public Relations and Marketing in July 2013. She works on marketing and outreach projects for the law school, with special focus on the LL.M. programs, the Office of Online Education, and the International Legal Studies Program. She works with departments to build awareness of programs through the creation of electronic and print materials, web content and videos. She also manages day-to-day activity on social media accounts. Staci's background is in communications and documentary film production. She holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia and an M.A. in Television-Radio-Film from Syracuse University.