- IP Networking Reception Brings AUWCL Students, Faculty and Alumni Together
- Associate Dean Jenny Roberts to Speak at National Association of Black Journalists' Media Institute on Legal Affairs Inaugural Event
- AUWCL Holds Annual Supreme Court Preview, Sponsors ABA Supreme Court Event
- Alumni Networking Reception Celebrates Faculty Promotions
- Dean Nelson Named to New Governing Council for ABA Center for Innovation
- AUWCL Receives Prestigious Grant Award from Rockefeller Foundation
- Dean Camille Nelson Welcomes First Class to Begin 1L Year at New Tenley Campus
- Students Begin Orientation Week with Annual "In My Back Yard" Day of Service
- Two American University Washington College of Law Alumnae Selected as Immigrant Justice Corps Fellows
- Popular Seminar Course Enables Students to Study Social Media & The Law
- New Book by AUWCL Professor Examines Key Poverty Law Cases
- Official Portrait Unveiling of Dean Emeritus Claudio Grossman
- A Message from Dean Camille A. Nelson to the Washington College of Law Community
- AUWCL Hosts Government Officials from Latin America for Human Rights Training
- Taking the International Stage: Q&A with SJD Student Waris Husain
- AUWCL Students Witness Historic Human Rights Resolution in Geneva
- Miami Alumni Farewell Reception for Dean Grossman
- Angie McCarthy '13 Wins American University Diversity Award
- In New Article, Professor Robbins Recommends Limiting Scope of Citizen's Arrest
- Professor Brenda Smith Speaks at Inaugural United State of Women Summit
- April 15, 2016
AUWCL Welcomes U.S. Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch as 2016 Commencement Speaker
- April 4, 2016
Conference Addresses "Gender Equality: Voices from the Global South"
- March 13, 2016
Camille Nelson Named New AUWCL Dean
- March 3, 2016
Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law to Host Intensive Summer Program at New Tenley Campus
- February 16, 2016
American University Law Faculty, SCOTUS Blog Founder Tom Goldstein Analyze What's Next for U.S. Supreme Court
Tenley Campus News
American University Washington College of Law Public Relations and Marketing
The AUWCL Office of Public Relations and Marketing is responsible for representing and promoting all facets of the law school through a variety of methods and media -advertising, branding, publications, video, social media, and website content. The office works with the media to connect faculty experts with reporters and producers covering current legal topics. The law school and its faculty experts receive more than 7,000 media hits each year from outlets in the U.S. and around the world. View some of our recent media highlights here.
In addition, the office works with AUWCL's Admissions Offices and its more than 20 special programs on marketing and outreach initiatives throughout the year. Please see our staff biographies below for information on the appropriate contact person for your needs.
Director, Public Relations and Marketing
Franki Fitterer has been the director of public relations and marketing at AUWCL since 2008. She manages the law school's marketing and media relations initiatives as well as publications and web content, and is the primary media contact for questions regarding the law school and its programs. She was previously the associate director for marketing and communications at California Western School of Law in San Diego where she directed the media relations and marketing programs. At California Western, Fitterer also conducted extensive media outreach for the California Innocence Project, a program that worked to free wrongfully convicted inmates. She has a B.A. in Communication (Journalism) from the University of San Francisco and an M.A. in Political Science from American University's School of Public Affairs.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Megan Crawford joined the public relations and marketing team in fall 2013. She manages marketing and program advertising for Abroad and D.C. Summer Programs, publications, and other general marketing projects. Crawford brings over five years of marketing and communications project management experience overseeing the implementation and development of print and online initiatives. Her background includes financial and health care marketing with an emphasis on education and literacy. She holds an MBA from Old Dominion University and a B.S.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Tennessee at Martin.
Staci Gorden joined the Office of Public Relations and Marketing in July 2013. She works on marketing and outreach projects for the law school, with special focus on the LL.M. programs, the Office of Online Education, and the International Legal Studies Program. She works with departments to build awareness of programs through the creation of electronic and print materials, web content and videos. She also manages day-to-day activity on social media accounts. Staci's background is in communications and documentary film production. She holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia and an M.A. in Television-Radio-Film from Syracuse University.