- Alumni Spotlight: Kaine Hampton '15, Entertainment Lawyer for Viacom
- AUWCL Students Win Best Brief at Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Regional Competition
- Professor Roberts and AUWCL Students Write Amicus Brief in Lee v. U.S. on Behalf of Three Immigration Law Organizations
- AUWCL Hosts National Trial Competition Regional Tournament
- AUWCL Professors Provide Legal & Policy Analysis Following Election & Inauguration of President Trump
- Perseverance of AUWCL Alumna Connects Local Environmental Workers in Latin America
- AUWCL Hosts Rapid Response Teach-In on Immigration Ban Executive Order
- D.C. Council Incorporates Immigrant Justice Clinic Students' Testimony Into Anti-Notario Fraud Legislation
- Professor Lewis Grossman Addresses Current FDA Issues at NY Bar Association Annual Meeting
- Prince George's County State's Attorney Keynotes Law School's Annual MLK Commemoration
- Professor Patel & Students Attend Historic SCOTUS Argument in Abassi v. Aschroft
- American University Law Review Presents Annual Federal Circuit Symposium
- Professor Davis Elected to American Law Institute
- Alumna Receives Kentucky Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers Clarence Darrow Prodigy Award
- LL.M., SJD Alumnus Named Chief Justice of West Virginia Supreme Court
- AUWCL Students Participate in Law, Justice, and Development Week at The World Bank
- UN CAT Project Students Reflect on Their Experiences throughout the Program
- Student Spotlight: Ross Handler, Editor-in-Chief of the Administrative Law Review
- Ropes & Gray Names 2L Christina Ravelo a Recipient of the 2017 Roscoe Trimmier Jr. Diversity Scholarship
- AUWCL Congratulates Congressman-Elect Jamie Raskin and Alumni Newly Elected to Office
- April 15, 2016
AUWCL Welcomes U.S. Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch as 2016 Commencement Speaker
- April 4, 2016
Conference Addresses "Gender Equality: Voices from the Global South"
- March 13, 2016
Camille Nelson Named New AUWCL Dean
- March 3, 2016
Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law to Host Intensive Summer Program at New Tenley Campus
- February 16, 2016
American University Law Faculty, SCOTUS Blog Founder Tom Goldstein Analyze What's Next for U.S. Supreme Court
Tenley Campus News
American University Washington College of Law Public Relations and Marketing
The AUWCL Office of Public Relations and Marketing is responsible for representing and promoting all facets of the law school through a variety of methods and media -advertising, branding, publications, video, social media, and website content. The office works with the media to connect faculty experts with reporters and producers covering current legal topics. The law school and its faculty experts receive more than 7,000 media hits each year from outlets in the U.S. and around the world. View some of our recent media highlights here.
In addition, the office works with AUWCL's Admissions Offices and its more than 20 special programs on marketing and outreach initiatives throughout the year. Please see our staff biographies below for information on the appropriate contact person for your needs.
Director, Public Relations and Marketing
Franki Fitterer has been the director of public relations and marketing at AUWCL since 2008. She manages the law school's marketing and media relations initiatives as well as publications and web content, and is the primary media contact for questions regarding the law school and its programs. She was previously the associate director for marketing and communications at California Western School of Law in San Diego where she directed the media relations and marketing programs. At California Western, Fitterer also conducted extensive media outreach for the California Innocence Project, a program that worked to free wrongfully convicted inmates. She has a B.A. in Communication (Journalism) from the University of San Francisco and an M.A. in Political Science from American University's School of Public Affairs.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Megan Crawford joined the public relations and marketing team in fall 2013. She manages marketing, program advertising, and outreach projects for the law school, including Abroad and D.C. Summer Programs, publications, and other general marketing projects. Crawford brings over five years of marketing and communications project management experience overseeing the implementation and development of print and online initiatives. Her background includes financial and health care marketing with an emphasis on education and literacy. She holds an MBA from Old Dominion University and a B.S.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Tennessee at Martin.