- Women & the Law Leadership Award Luncheon Celebrates Lisa Dewey '93 and Her Commitment to Public Interest
- American University Hosts Luxembourg Forum Academic Conference with Keynote Program
- Celebration of Scholarships and Awards Ceremony Honors Student Excellence
- William H. Karchmer End of Year Celebration Recognizes Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project Fellows
- Eighteenth Annual Peter M. Cicchino Public Service Awards Dinner
- AUWCL Sponsors 19th Annual Grotius Lecture to Open 111th ASIL Annual Meeting
- Law Librarian of Congress Jane Sanchez '89 Addresses AUWCL's 20th Annual Hispanic Law Conference
- Equal Justice Foundation Hosts 24th Annual Auction Night to Benefit Public Interest
- Environmental Law Society Expands Environmental Law Opportunities for AUWCL Students
- AUWCL Professors Follow Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice with Interactive CLE Course
- In New Article, Professor Robbins Recommends Restricting the Rental of Weapons at Gun Ranges
- Two AUWCL Students Named as 2017 Immigrant Justice Corps Fellows
- 3L Noma Ndlovu on the Benefits of the AUWCL Community: "Success is Knowing Where the Resources Are"
- AUWCL Hosts International Legal Education Abroad Conference: Making an Impact!
- Business Law Review, Launched Five Years Ago, Increases Journal Opportunities for AUWCL Students
- Professor Popper Named Bronfman Scholar in Administrative Law
- Alumni Spotlight: Kaine Hampton '15, Entertainment Lawyer for Viacom
- AUWCL Students Win Best Brief at Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Regional Competition
- Professor Roberts and AUWCL Students Write Amicus Brief in Lee v. U.S. on Behalf of Three Immigration Law Organizations
- AUWCL Hosts National Trial Competition Regional Tournament
- April 15, 2016
AUWCL Welcomes U.S. Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch as 2016 Commencement Speaker
- April 4, 2016
Conference Addresses "Gender Equality: Voices from the Global South"
- March 13, 2016
Camille Nelson Named New AUWCL Dean
- March 3, 2016
Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law to Host Intensive Summer Program at New Tenley Campus
- February 16, 2016
American University Law Faculty, SCOTUS Blog Founder Tom Goldstein Analyze What's Next for U.S. Supreme Court
Tenley Campus News
American University Washington College of Law Public Relations and Marketing
The AUWCL Office of Public Relations and Marketing is responsible for representing and promoting all facets of the law school through a variety of methods and media -advertising, branding, publications, video, social media, and website content. The office works with the media to connect faculty experts with reporters and producers covering current legal topics. The law school and its faculty experts receive more than 7,000 media hits each year from outlets in the U.S. and around the world. View some of our recent media highlights here.
In addition, the office works with AUWCL's Admissions Offices and its more than 20 special programs on marketing and outreach initiatives throughout the year. Please see our staff biographies below for information on the appropriate contact person for your needs.
Director, Public Relations and Marketing
Franki Fitterer has been the director of public relations and marketing at AUWCL since 2008. She manages the law school's marketing and media relations initiatives as well as publications and web content, and is the primary media contact for questions regarding the law school and its programs. She was previously the associate director for marketing and communications at California Western School of Law in San Diego where she directed the media relations and marketing programs. At California Western, Fitterer also conducted extensive media outreach for the California Innocence Project, a program that worked to free wrongfully convicted inmates. She has a B.A. in Communication (Journalism) from the University of San Francisco and an M.A. in Political Science from American University's School of Public Affairs.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Megan Crawford joined the public relations and marketing team in fall 2013. She manages marketing, program advertising, and outreach projects for the law school, including Abroad and D.C. Summer Programs, publications, and other general marketing projects. Crawford brings over five years of marketing and communications project management experience overseeing the implementation and development of print and online initiatives. Her background includes financial and health care marketing with an emphasis on education and literacy. She holds an MBA from Old Dominion University and a B.S.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Tennessee at Martin.