- AUWCL Students and Staff Volunteer at Capital Area Food Bank
- Professor Perry Wallace Honored at Book Reception
- AUWCL Celebrates Scholarship Recipients at Annual Dinner
- AUWCL Team Wins Best Brief at Immigration Moot Court Competition
- AUWCL Team Takes First Place at Health Law Competition
- AUWCL Hosts 19th Meeting of the International Telecommunications Satellite Organization Advisory Committee
- Three AUWCL Students Selected for Gideon’s Promise Law School Partnership Project
- United Nations Committee Against Torture Project Celebrates 10 Years
- Reception for Newly Elected Alumni Held at AUWCL
- Immigrant Justice Clinic Argues Case Before Virginia Supreme Court
- Faculty Featured Speakers at AALS; Alumni Reception held Jan. 2
- “Finals Frenzy” Helps Students Unwind During Exam Weeks
- AUWCL Enters Partnership with D.C. Department of Health
- AUWCL Community Responds to the Events in Ferguson, Missouri
- Professors Respond to the Release of the U.S. Senate Report on Torture
- D.C.-Area High Schools Participate in Moot Court at AUWCL
- Student Profile: Q&A with First-Year Student Ryan Schmidt
- Dean Presides Over 53rd Session of the UN Committee against Torture
- Third Annual Peter Jaszi Distinguished Lecture
- Dean's Diversity Council Program and Dinner
Tenley Campus News
American University Washington College of Law Public Relations and Marketing
The AUWCL Office of Public Relations and Marketing is responsible for representing and promoting all facets of the law school through a variety of methods and media -advertising, branding, publications, video, social media, and website content. The office works with the media to connect faculty experts with reporters and producers covering current legal topics. The law school and its faculty experts receive more than 7,000 media hits each year from outlets in the U.S. and around the world. View some of our recent media highlights here.
In addition, the office works with AUWCL's Admissions Offices and its more than 20 special programs on marketing and outreach initiatives throughout the year. Please see our staff biographies below for information on the appropriate contact person for your needs.
Director, Public Relations and Marketing
Franki Fitterer has been the director of public relations and marketing at AUWCL since 2008. She manages the law school's marketing and media relations initiatives as well as publications and web content, and is the primary media contact for questions regarding the law school and its programs. She was previously the associate director for marketing and communications at California Western School of Law in San Diego where she directed the media relations and marketing programs. At California Western, Fitterer also conducted extensive media outreach for the California Innocence Project, a program that worked to free wrongfully convicted inmates. She has a B.A. in Communication (Journalism) from the University of San Francisco and an M.A. in Political Science from American University's School of Public Affairs.
Assistant Director, Public Relations
Megan Goodman has been a part of the public relations team at AUWCL since 2011, serving as the assistant director since 2013. She is the media contact for faculty experts and to obtain credentials for AUWCL events. She also carries out the law school's digital communication and social media strategies. Goodman has a background in broadcast journalism, and has a particular love for radio. She holds a B.A. in Political Science and Broadcasting/Mass Communications from Baldwin-Wallace University in Berea, Ohio, and an M.A. in Strategic Communication from American University's School of Communication.
Megan Crawford joined the public relations and marketing team in fall 2013. She manages marketing and program advertising for Abroad and D.C. Summer Programs, publications, and other general marketing projects. Crawford brings over five years of marketing and communications project management experience overseeing the implementation and development of print and online initiatives. Her background includes financial and health care marketing with an emphasis on education and literacy. She holds an MBA from Old Dominion University and a B.S.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Tennessee at Martin.
Staci Gorden joined the Office of Public Relations and Marketing in July 2013. She works on marketing and outreach projects for the law school, with special focus on the LL.M. programs, the Office of Online Education, and the International Legal Studies Program. She works with departments to build awareness of programs through the creation of electronic and print materials, web content and videos. She also manages day-to-day activity on social media accounts. Staci's background is in communications and documentary film production. She holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia and an M.A. in Television-Radio-Film from Syracuse University.