Apply to Become a Marshall-Brennan Teaching Fellow
There are many opportunities to learn more about the WCL chapter of Marshall-Brennan before submitting an application!
The kick-off of the Marshall-Brennan Fellow application period begins in February and is accompanied with an information session and a meet-and-greet table at "Opportunities Day," among other engagement activities.
Following the written application and interview, select applicants are matched with a school to guest-teach a Marshall-Brennan class. This is required to expose each applicant to the demands that a year-long commitment to teaching in the program requires. A selection committee of faculty members and Marshall-Brennan staff screen the applications and decide who will be offered the chance to participate the following academic year.
Selection is based on the applicants' demonstrated commitment and/or interest in learning through teaching, civic action, and youth empowerment. Applicants selected to be Marshall-Brennan Fellows are required to attend a 3-4 day orientation for the program, usually in August the week before the start of law school classes.
Please see the 2020 - 2021 Marshall-Brennan Fellowship Application Process below:
- Application Released - February 3, 2020
- Application Due - February 15, 2020 (before 5 PM EST)
- Lunchtime Informational Panel – January 30, 2020 (12 – 1 PM) Y115
- Lunchtime Alumni/Informational Panel - February 6, 2019 (12 - 1 PM) Y115
- Question Corner Table – February 12 – 13, 2020 (10 – 3 PM) Warren Lobby