Exams are mandatory for students taking courses per academic credit.
Most exams consist of a 24-hour take-home exam.
The final examination of the Mediation Program is a paper.
Visiting attorneys and participants not interested in ABA academic credit and those not wishing to take exams will receive a certificate of attendance. Participants who take and pass exams will receive a Certificate of Completion or Diploma.
Examination Time Period
Students may download the 24-hour take-home exam from a week after the course has finished (reading period or additional week for finals) to July 20, 2022 as indicated below.
The final paper of the Mediation Course must also be submitted by July 20, 2022.
- Introduction to the Practice of International Commercial Arbitration: 16 June to 20 July, 2022.
- Investor-State Arbitration: 16 June to 20 July, 2022.
- Damages & Compensation in International Arbitration: 16 June to 20 July, 2022.
- International Arbitration and Choice-of-Law Issues 23 June to 20 July, 2022.
- Corruption in International Arbitration 16 June to 20 July, 2022.
When and Where do I take the Exam?
Students will retrieve and submit exams electronically through MyWCL portal or Canvas (TBD). You can leave DC after the courses are over and still have access to the exam portal as long as you have an internet connection.