Alumni may audit no more than two classes per semester at AUWCL. Registration and processing fees are $100 per class. Alumni must apply to register through the AUWCL Office of Alumni Relations Audit Page and receive approval by the registrar's office in order to attend a class. Though professor support is appreciated, alumni cannot attend a class based solely on Faculty endorsement.
All open law school classes are available to alumni with the following exceptions:
- -Required First Year Classes
- -Classes that are full on the last day of late registration
- -Clinic Classes
- -Legal Writing Methods Classes
- -All Pre-Trial Litigation Courses (LAW-649)
- -Lawyer Bargaining (LAW-651)
- -All Trial Ad Courses (LAW-694 and -695)
- -Plea Bargaining (Currently LAW-708B)
- -Appellate Advocacy (LAW-847)
- -Scientific Evidence (LAW-878-001)
- -High Tech Courtroom (LAW-913-001)
- -Ethics for Trial Lawyers (LAW-915)
- -EFO (LAW-968)
- -Advanced Trial Ad (LAW-984)
- -Litigation in the Digital Age: eDiscovery (LAW-994)
- -Summer Academy in Human Rights and/or Arbitration
- - Litigation Skills Summer Institute (any courses in the institute)
- -Summer Certificate* Programs (Check the course catalog). *Any course that has something listed under "Type" is a certificate course.
- -Possible additions each semester. Please check with the Office of Alumni Relations
If you wish to audit a class, simply click on the registration link and pay the $100 fee by credit card. If you graduated within the past six months, please indicate this on your registration form.
The registration link will open in early August for the fall semester, in early January for the spring semester, and in early May for summer classes. The last day to register to audit a class is the last day of add/drop for students, usually one week into a new semester.
The Registrar approves or denies class audits based on 1) availability following the last day of the student add/drop period and 2) approval from the instructor. If the class you requested to audit fills during the student add/drop period or if the instructor does not approve, you can receive a refund in 3-5 business days or you may choose an alternative (open) class. The Office of Alumni Relations will notify you via email of your approval or denial upon notice from the Registrar.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202-274-4050.
NOTE: Classes offered to alumni on an audit basis are solely for the personal benefit of the registered graduate. Graduates may not receive academic credit for auditing a class nor will the class appear on their transcript. In addition, a student/alumnus cannot take classes for credit (as a registered student) and audit classes during the same semester. Since we are unable to verify attendance or performance, we cannot provide a letter or certificate as proof of successful class completion.
AUWCL Alumni Application to Audit Law School Courses:
- Online Form (credit card payment)