IP at the Supreme Court Series: Star Athletica, LLC v. Varsity Brands, Inc.
October 31, 2016
4:00pm | Room NT01
Reception to Follow
In PIJIP’s ongoing Supreme Court Series, a panel of counsel for amici and parties will discuss the case on the afternoon following oral argument before the Court.
*Continuing Legal Education – 1 credit will be applied for – registration: $55
For further information, contact: Office of Special Events & Continuing Legal Education, 202.274.4075 or email@example.com.
Panel (co-sponsored by the Copyright Society of the U.S.A.)
- Prof. Christine Farley, American University Washington College of Law (Moderator)
- Prof. Peter Jaszi, American University Washington College of Law
- Steven Crosby, Feldman Law Group (Counsel for Petitioner)
- Charles Duan, Public Knowledge (representing Public Knowledge, et al. on amicus brief)
- David Leichtman, Robins Kaplan LLP (representing IP Owners Association on amicus brief)
- Charles Boulbol, Charles Boulbol, P.C. (representing Council of Fashion Designers of America on amicus brief)
- Mary K. Brennan, Flicker, Garelick & Associates, LLP (representing Fordham Fashion Law Institute on amicus brief)
- Prof. Christopher Buccafusco, Cardozo Law School (representing Professors Buccafusco and Fromer on amicus brief)
What is the appropriate test to determine when a feature of a useful article is protectable under section 101 of the Copyright Act.