IP at the Supreme Court Series: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. v. Aereo, Inc.
April 22, 2014
4:00pm | Room 603
Reception to Follow
WCL Glushko Samuleson IP Clinic Response to the Ruling: Court Emphasizes Industry in Aereo Case, Despite Clinic Brief
In PIJIP’s ongoing Supreme Court Series, a panel of counsel for amici and parties will discuss the case on the afternoon following oral argument before the Court.
- Caitlin Hall, Associate, Kellogg Huber Hansen Todd Evans & Figel
- Matthew Williams, Associate, Mitchell, Silberberg & Knupp LLP
- Robert Garrett, Partner, Arnold and Porter LLP
- Peter Jaszi, Professor, American University Washington College of Law
- Mitch Stoltz, Staff Attorney, Electronic Frontier Foundation
Moderated by Prof. Michael Carroll, American University Washington College of Law
Whether a company “publicly performs” a copyrighted television program when it retransmits a broadcast of that program to thousands of paid subscribers over the Internet.
All briefs available on SCOTUSblog: American Broadcasting Co. v. Aereo, Inc.