Kenneth P. Troccoli
Professor Kenneth Troccoli teaches part-time as an Adjunct faculty member. He teaches taught Evidence and Criminal Procedure.
On a full-time basis, Professor Troccoli is a Senior Litigator at the office of the Federal Public Defender for the Eastern District of Virginia. His office represents indigent defendants charged with criminal offenses in federal court in Alexandria, Virginia. Mr. Troccoli joined that office in January 2002 and since that time has represented defendants charged with various offenses including fraud, drug trafficking, firearms offenses, immigration, child pornography, sex trafficking, and terrorism. He also has represented in a habeas corpus proceeding a terrorism defendant detained at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Professor Troccoli also has worked on appellate matters, including three cases that were argued before the Supreme Court.
Professor Troccoli received his B.A. in 1981 from Boston College, his J.D. in 1984 from the George Washington University Law School, and his LL.M. (concentration in Constitutional Law) in 2001 from the Georgetown University Law Center. After receiving his J.D., Professor Troccoli served as law clerk to Chief Judge H. Carl Moultrie, I in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia. Thereafter, for over five years, he practiced primarily white-collar criminal defense at three law firms in Washington, D.C.: Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft; Arent, Fox, Kintner, Plotkin & Kahn; and Krooth & Altman. He then joined the Office of Public Defender for the City of Alexandria where he worked for over six years (until 1999) first as an assistant public defender and then as a senior assistant public defender. He then returned to school and following receipt of his LL.M. in 2001, joined the Office of Federal Public Defender in Alexandria.
Professor Troccoli’s prior teaching experience includes positions as a legal writing instructor at the George Washington University Law School. He also has lectured at many legal conferences on various topics of federal criminal law.
Degrees & Universities
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center 2001
- J.D., George Washington University 1984
- B.A., Boston College 1981
- Kenneth P. Troccoli, Control Over the Defense: Representing Zacarias Moussaoui, The Champion (2009).
- Kenneth P. Troccoli, “I Want a Black Lawyer to Represent Me“: Addressing a Black Defendant’s Concerns With Being Assigned a White Court-Appointed Lawyer, L. & Inequal. (Winter 2002).
- Kenneth P. Troccoli, The Federal Sentencing Guidelines for Organizations, in White Collar Crime 1992: Representing Corporations, Financial Institutions, and Their Directors, Officers, and Employees (ABA 1992).
- Kenneth P. Troccoli, Immunity Decisions Will Become Critical to Iran Arms Probes, Legal Times (1987).