Shannon M. Roddy
Assistant Law Librarian
Office: Room N217
Shannon Roddy joined the library faculty as the Student Services Librarian in 2015. Prior to entering academia, Ms. Roddy practiced family law in Washington, DC and Maryland and clerked in the Superior Court of the District of Columbia.
Ms. Roddy’s research interests include family law and experiential learning. She teaches Advanced Legal Research each summer. Ms. Roddy is an active member of the American Association of Law Libraries (AALL) and Law Librarians’ Society of Washington, DC (LLSDC). She is currently the editor of LLSDC’s newsletter, Law Library Lights.
Degrees & Universities
- M.L.S., The Catholic University of America 2012
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law 2006 (cum laude)
- B.A., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 2002
- Shannon M. Roddy, Collaborative Practice: Survey of Emerging Case Law, 30 Am. J. Fam. L. 110 (2016).
- Shannon M. Roddy, Family Law Reimagined by Jill Elaine Hasday, 107 L. Lib. J. 298 (2015) (book review).
- Shannon M. Roddy, Coordinator, ALL-SIS Student Services Roundtable (2016 AALL Annual Meeting & Conference, 2016).
- Shannon M. Roddy, Co-presenter, Advanced Legal Research Instruction: New Opportunities in Blended Learning (2016 CALI Conference for Law School Computing, 2016).
- Shannon M. Roddy, Panelist, Not Just Journals: Making Digital Repositories Part of the Student Services Toolkit (Law Repositories 2015: Shaping the Future Conference, 2015).
- Shannon M. Roddy, Co-presenter, LibGuide Guidance: Innovative Uses for LibGuides (2014 AALL Annual Meeting and Conference, 2014).
- Shannon M. Roddy, Poster co-presenter, Using Interlibrary Loan for Campus Book Delivery (013 AALL Annual Meeting and Conference, 2013).