Pamela L. Meredith
Professor Meredith joined the Adjunct Law Faculty at American University in 1988, when she first introduced satellite communications and space law to the law school’s course curriculum. The course covers international treaties, U.S. regulations, and contracts relating to communications satellites, satellite imaging, space transportation, and space tourism. The course also touches on civil and national security space programs.
Professor Meredith draws upon her space law practice experience for the course curriculum. She chairs the Space Law Practice Group at Zuckert Scoutt & Rasenberger, L.L.P., in Washington, D.C. Her practice includes space business transactions and regulation. She covers U.S. government licensing of satellite operations, launches, and human spaceflight; spacecraft procurements; space insurance; and satellite contract arbitration. She is a member of the New York State and District of Columbia bars. You can reach Professor Meredith at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (202) 625-4890.
Areas of Specialization
- Space Law
Degrees & Universities
- J.D. Equiv., University of Oslo
- LL.M., McGill University, Air & Space Law Institute
- P.L. Meredith & M.M. Lammers, Commercial Spaceflight: The ‘Ticket to Ride’, Air & Space Law. (2012).
- P. Chrystal, D. McKnight, & P.L. Meredith, Space Debris: On a Collision Course for Insurers, Swiss Reinsurance Company (2011).
- P.L. Meredith, Commercial Space Transportation: Liability and Insurance, Intl. Conf. on Air & Space L. & Regulations, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E. (2009).
- P.L. Meredith, Space Insurance Law – a Special Focus on Satellite Launch and In-Orbit Policies, Air & Space Law. (2008).
- P.L. Meredith & G.S. Robinson, Space Law - A Case Study for the Practitioner:Implementing a Telecommunications Satellite Business Concept (Martinus Nijhoff 1992).
- P.L. Meredith & S.P. Fleming, Space Technology Exports: The Current Political Climate, J. Space L. (1999).
- P.L. Meredith & R.B. Trinder, Financing a Communications Satellite Venture: Assessing the Regulatory Risk, Satellite Fin. (1998).
- P.L. Meredith, A Legal Regime for Orbital Debris: Elements of a Multilateral Treaty, in Preservation of Near-Earth Space for Future Generations (John A. Simpson, ed., Cambridge U. Press 1994).
- P.L. Meredith, Damage Caused by Orbital Debris to a Commercial Satellite: Liability Issues Raised by a Hypothetical Case Scenario, Proc. of the XXXVII Colloquium on the L. of Outer Space (1994).
- P.L. Meredith, Implementing a Telecommunications Satellite Business Concept: The Necessary Legal Steps, Air & Space Law. (1992).
- P.L. Meredith, Spacecraft Motion Management (SMM): Institutional and Legal Frameworks, Proc. of the XXXV Colloquium on the L. of Outer Space (1992).
- P.L. Meredith, Risk Allocation Provisions in Commercial Launch Contracts, Proc. of the XXXIV Colloquium on the L. of Outer Space (1991).
- P.L. Meredith, Legal Implementation of Space Debris Mitigation Measures, Am. U. J. Intl. L. Policy (1991).
- P.L. Meredith, Privately-Owned Commercial Telecommunications Satellites: Licensing and Regulation by the Federal Communications Commission, Cal. W. L. Rev. (1990).
- P.L. Meredith, Implementing a Telecommunications Satellite Business Concept: Overview and Relative Timing of Legal Actions, Proc. of the XXXIII Colloquium on the L. of Outer Space (1990).
- P.L. Meredith, Status of the 'Patents in Space' Legislation in Congress, J. Space L. (1989).
- P.L. Meredith, A Comparative Analysis of United States Domestic Licensing Regimes for Private Commercial Space Activities, Proc. of the XXXII Colloquium on the L. of Outer Space (1989).
- P.L. Meredith, The Legality of Launch Vehicle Passage Through Foreign Airspace, Nordic J. of Intl. L. (1986).
- P.L. Meredith & G.S. Robinson, Domestic Commercialization of Space: The Current Political Atmosphere, Natl. Leg. Center for Pub. Interest (1986).
- P.L. Meredith, The Legality of a High Technology Missile Defense System: The ABM and the Outer Space Treaties, Am. J. Intl. L. (1984).