Professor of Practice of Law
Director of the Janet R. Spragens Federal Tax Clinic
Office: Room 444B
Nancy Abramowitz is Professor of Practice and Director of the Janet R. Spragens Federal Tax Clinic. She specializes in taxation, employee benefits, general business law and alternative dispute resolution. She serves on the ABA Tax Section (Low Income Taxpayer Committee); Board of Academic Advisors, The Theodore Tannenwald, Jr. Foundation for Excellence in Tax Studies. She is a volunteer mediator/arbitrator for the D.C. Superior Court and volunteer mediator for the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia. She is also trustee for the Abe Foras Memorial Fund, John F. Kennedy Center and former partner at Arnold and Porter.
Areas of Specialization
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Business Associations / Corporations
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
Degrees & Universities
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center 1975
- A.B., Cornell University 1972
- Nancy Abramowitz, Panelist, Pro Se Litigants in the U.S. Tax Court -- How Best to Address Their Needs (U.S. Tax Court Judicial Conference, Williamsburg, Va., Apr. 18, 2007).
- Nancy Abramowitz, Panelist, Submitted Statement "What My Organization Can Do Differently to Reduce the 'Tax Gap'?" (Hearing of Narrowing the Tax Gap, IRS Oversight Board, Wash., D.C., Mar. 7, 2007).
- Nancy Abramowitz, Panelist, Low Income Earners and the Federal Tax System (Janet R. Spragens Memorial Symposium, American University Washington College of Law, Wash., D.C., Feb. 23, 2007).