September 24-25, 2021
Classes ending in (1) and (6)
2020 (1 year anniversary)
1971 (50th anniversary)
*Register by September 8th to receive a special reunion commemorative item shipped to your home by the start of the weekend!
Friday, September 24
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm: Business Law Program: The Exploding World of Virtual Currency & Blockchain Activities
- 3:00pm to 6:00pm: Program Advisory Councils & Dean’s Advisory Council Meetings
- 5:30pm to 6:30pm: Intellectual Property Student & Alumni Mixer Students and alumni are invited to join an evening networking program. This event is sponsored by Alumna Susan Mann, class of 1986, and Microsoft.
- 6:30pm to 7:30pm: Keynote Address | Dean Roger A. Fairfax will kick-off reunion weekend by highlighting the extraordinary work of WCL students and faculty. All alumni are invited to watch live and hear from special guests.
8:00pm to 9:00pm: Social Hour | Join us for an evening of trivia and catching up with friends from near and far!
Saturday, September 25
The Future: Our World in 2021 and Beyond
Accepting The Challenge – Leading Into the Future
Join us for a special series that takes us into the future. Listen and engage with our experts as they evaluate various areas and share their views on where we are and where we are going.
- 9:30am to 10:15pm: WCL Vision & Priorities | Dean Roger A. Fairfax invites all alumni to a presentation about current and future WCL goals and priorities. Q&A will follow the presentation.
- 10:30am to 11:30am: WCL-NOW Faculty Big Ideas
- 11:45am to 1:00pm: The World’s Stage, 2021 and Beyond Panel Discussions, Concurrent Sessions
In our recent history, the global regulation of plastics has taken momentum in the face of a global uproar over plastic waste accumulating in our oceans. Join WCL alumni and faculty as they discuss the future of the regulation of plastics, the implications for extended producer responsibility, and the pursuit of global environmental justice by countries around the world. Participants will also be the first to learn about WCL’s new Global Toxics Project at the Center for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law.
Moderated by Professor David Hunter
- Melissa del Aguila Acting Director, WCL Center for Human Rights and Humanitarian Law
- Paul Hagen (WCL ‘90), Principal, Beveridge & Diamond
- Marcos Orellana (WCL LLM ’98, SJD ‘09), UN Special Rapporteur for Toxics and Human Rights
Join WCL alumni experts in these diverse yet interrelated areas of law as they shed light on the tremendous shifts underway in the media, privacy, and technology sectors and provide guidance as to where the trends are heading.
Moderated by WCL Professor Vicki Phillips
- Prietta Booker (WCL ’18) Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs, 300 Entertainment
- Melissa Maalouf (WCL '07) Shareholder, ZwillGen
- Steve Masur (WCL '93) Member, Masur Giffitts Avidor LLP
- Ali Sternburg (WCL ’12) Senior Policy Counsel, Computer & Communications Industry Association
- Shantel Williams (WCL ‘15 ) Senior Legal Counsel, Quora
Client relations and business development are difficult dynamics to manage in a perfect world, let alone one that has been drastically disrupted by a global pandemic. Come hear how various players—from partners responsible for new client development, to in-house counsel who hire outside legal talent, to law firm business development specialists—kept in the game and reworked their approaches to business and client development in this changed economic landscape.
Moderated by Matthew Pascocello
- Leigh-Alexandra Basha (WCL ’85) Partner, McDermott Will & Emery
- Jeffrey Greenblatt (WCL ’73), Joseph Greenwald & Laake PA
- Stefanie Marrone Stefanie Marrone Consulting/The Social Media Butterfly
- Michael Stephens (WCL ’99) GC and EVP of Information Technology & Legal Affairs, Tampa International Airport
1:15pm to 2:00pm: Class Lunch
Reunion Weekend Concludes