May 26 - June 12, 2015
This three-week Summer Program exposes practitioners and advanced students to critical
skills and practical insights into handling arbitration cases under various arbitration systems. The session brings together world-renowned practitioners and arbitrators presenting six seminars
designed for professional development.
The summer curriculum was carefully designed with the idea of providing participants a comprehensive understanding of how international commercial arbitration works. The session begins with general courses during the first week and continues with more specific issues. The Session also offers a practical seminar combining lectures and role play in order to provide students with a practical perspective. Luncheons and networking activities provide participants with the opportunity to exchange information and interact with their peers and expert instructors.
Sessions can be taken for Certificate of Attendance, Certificate of Completion (Diploma) and CLE Credit.
J.D. or LL.M. Students who desire to take summer courses per academic credit, please click here...
Courses in English:
- Introduction to the Practice of International Commercial Arbitration
- Investor-State Arbitration
- International Arbitration and Choice-of-Law Issues
- Damages and Compensation in International Commercial and Investment Arbitration
- Contributions of the ICC Court of Arbitration to the Practice of International Commercial Arbitration
- Advocacy in International Commercial Arbitration (workshop)
Courses in Spanish:
- Arbitraje Comercial Internacional
- Arbitraje Inversionista - Estado
- Aspectos Prácticos del Proceso Arbitral
Claudia Frutos-Peterson, Partner, Curtis, Mallet-Prevost, Colt & Mosle LLP, Washington
Leonardo Giacchino, Partner, Solutions Economics LLC, Washington
Horacio Grigera Naón, Director, Center on International Commercial Arbitration, Washington
Michael Evan Jaffe, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Washington
Jean Kalicki, Partner, Arnold & Porter LLP, Washington
Louis B. Kimmelman, Partner, Sidley Austin LLP, New York
Jack McKay, Partner, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP, Washington
Monique Sasson, Co-Managing Editor of the ITA Arbitration Report and of World Trade and Arbitration Materials, New york
Anne Marie Whitesell, Independent Arbitrator, Washington