- Dec. 3: IP at the Supreme Court Series: Hana Financial v. Hana Bank
- Dec. 2: IP at the Supreme Court Series: B&B Hardware, Inc. v. Hargis Indus., Inc.
- Nov 24: The Role of Patents in Pharmaceutical Innovation – Lessons to Be Learned
- Nov 12: Careers in Trademark Law
- Nov. 11: Patent + Policy – The Future of Patent Remedies
- Oct 30: Peter A. Jaszi Distinguished Lecture Series: Delivered by Professor William Fisher
- Oct 15: IP at the Supreme Court Series: Teva Pharmaceuticals USA v. Sandoz
- Oct 10-11: Trademark Works In Progress
- Oct 10: Patent Works In Progress
- Sep 24: Plain Packaging for the Pacific Rim: The Trans-Pacific Partnership and Tobacco Control
- Sep 19: IP Career Advising
- Sep 16: Small and Mid-size IP Firm Search Strategy
- Aug 28: IP Opportunities at WCL
- Jun 10: The Marrakesh Treaty – Ceiling or Window to the Open Sky?
- Jun 5: Secondary Use Pharmaceutical Patents: Litigation and Trade Policy Briefing
- May 30: Patent Pledges – Setting a Research Agenda
- May 20: Transparency and the Democratic Process in Trade Negotiations
- Apr 30: IP at the Supreme Court Series: Limelight Networks, Inc. v. Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Apr 28: IP at the Supreme Court Series: Nautilus, Inc. v. Biosig Instruments, Inc.
- Apr 22: IP at the Supreme Court Series: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. v. Aereo, Inc.
- Apr 21: IP at the Supreme Court Series: POM Wonderful LLC v. The Coca Cola Company
- Mar 31: IP at the Supreme Court Series: Alice Corporation Pty. Ltd. v. CLS Bank International
- Mar 21: Second Annual Cherry Blossom Symposium – Traditional Knowledge: IP and Federal Policy (Webpage)
- Mar 20: Tenth Annual IP/Gender: Gender and the Regulation of Traditional Knowledge
- Feb 26: IP at the Supreme Court Series: Octane Fitness v. Icon Health and Fitness
- Feb 26: IP at the Supreme Court Series: Highmark Inc. v. Allcare Management Systems, Inc.
- Jan 21: IP at the Supreme Court Series: Petrella v. Metro-Goldwyn-Meyer, Inc.
Government Delegate Scholarships: WTO, WIPO & the Multilateral System Geneva, Switzerland, June 11-24, 2023
American University Washington College of Law is pleased to announce the application for up to five (5) full-tuition scholarships for government delegates from developing countries to attend our annual course, to be held in Geneva, Switzerland June 11 - June 24, 2023.Read more
Prof. Michael Carroll Interviewed by The Conversation About the Supreme Court's Google and Twitter Cases
Both of the cases involve terrorist attacks. The plaintiffs argue that algorithms used by YouTube (owned by Google) and Twitter amplified the Islamic State's propaganda, and that the social media companies bear some responsibility for the attacks.Read more
Call for Scholarship Applications
PIJIP is offering 15 scholarships to attend a certificate course on Access to Knowledge in the Multilateral System. The scholarships are designed for representatives of organizations or governments who participate in meetings of the WIPO Standing Committee on Copyright and Related Rights (SCCR).Read more