“Since 2011, the symposium generates a dialogue for salient issues in BIT and ICSID arbitration, as well as current developments in international commercial arbitration in the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and East Asia.”Horacio A. Grigera Naón
VI Symposium on Salient Issues in International Arbitration: "Does a Transnational Legal Order Exist in International Arbitration?"
November 10 and 11, 2021, from 9:00AM to 12:30 PM
On Wednesday, November 10 and Thursday, November 11, 2021, from 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM, the Center on International Commercial Arbitration will hold the Sixth Symposium on Salient Issues in International Arbitration. The topic of this Symposium will be: Does a Transnational Legal Order Exist in International Arbitration?
This event is co-organized with the Institut Suisse de Droit Comparé in Lausanne, Switzerland. Speakers have been selected through the call for papers outlined below. Authors will share the panel with an expert in the field who will act as panel chair.
About the SYmposium
The Symposium encourages novel scholarship that critically analyses and discusses how courts of justice and arbitral tribunals worldwide address some of the normative challenges in a world with ever changing values and socioeconomic realities.
Academic Program Committee of the 2021 Symposium
- Dr. Horacio Grigera Naón, Director, Center on International Commercial Arbitration, AUWCL
- Dr. Björn Arp, Fellow, Center on International Commercial Arbitration, and Assistant Director, International Curriculum Development, AUWCL
- Dr. Krista Nadakavukaren Schefer, Vice-Director of the Institut Suisse de Droit Comparé, Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Dr. Rodrigo Polanco Lazo, Conseiller juridique, droits hispanophones, Institut Suisse de Droit Comparé, Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Dr. Ignacio Tirado, Secretary General, UNIDROIT, Roma (Italy)
- Dr. Christophe Bernasconi, Secretary General of the Hague Conference on Private International Law (The Hague)
- Dr. Stefan Kröll, Bucerius Law School, Hamburg (Germany)
- Dr. Alejandro Ogarrío España, Escuela Libre de México (Mexico)
- Dr. Jane Willems, Tsinghua University School of Law, Beijing (China)