||Move This World presents its 4th Global Summit in Social Change through the Art of Movement on Friday, September 20 through Sunday, September 22 in Baltimore, MD.
Friday, September 20: 4pm-9pm
Saturday, September 21: 9am-6pm
Sunday, September 22: 9am-5pm
For More Information & to Register:
Educators, thought leaders, students, artists and social change advocates will join MTW PeaceMover Facilitators and global staff in an experiential training on movement-based approaches to instilling empathetic behavior. If it is anything like the past summits, it will be a moving, inspiring, earth-shattering few days!
You will have the opportunity to:
• LEARN how to facilitate MTW’s evidence-based curriculum that uses creative movement to build and cultivate Social and Emotional Learning skills.
• EXPERIENCE a holistic approach to social change that addresses the root causes of conflict. Activities will encompass deep self-reflection, group dialogue, and collaborative planning for direct application and action.
• CONNECT with like minded individuals in the transformative education, arts based learning, social change, and conflict transformation arena through best practice sharing, collaborative problem solving, and networking.
• Strengthen Your Tool Kit: Gain valuable movement-based strategies and best practices that can be used in an array of fields and areas of study. Develop and improve your own social and emotional skills, as well as your ability to teach these skills to members of your communities.
• Re-Educate: Reconstruct the way you think about approaching conflict and violence as you explore the value of movement and expression as it pertains to conflict transformation. While traditional empathy education programs focus on an intellectual understanding of conflict resolution, our unique program participants physically manifest tools for resolving conflict and managing anger.
• Spearhead the MOVEment: Be a pioneer in the arena of movement-basedconflict transformation and social and emotional learning. There is ample research that supports the physical and psychological benefits of kinesthetic empathy and social and emotional learning.
FAQ’s to team MTDubz:
• Why creative movement?
• Our extensive research shows that movement is an embodiment of cultural knowledge, conveying ideas about nature, society, religion, order, and meaning that is emotionally charged. Empathy is a cognitive, affective, and kinesthetic construct. The kinesthetic dimension of empathy allows us to feel the physical state of another person with our own body, which is a crucial component in the perception and expression of emotions.
• How do you know it works?
• We have a comprehensive Monitoring & Evaluation process. Our data reveals measurable impact in the individuals and communities who experience MTW. Check it out: In four different NY and NJ schools, our students manifested more than a 50% increase in empathetic thinking; two of those schools showed this skill at an 80% increase! Additionally, MTW participants showed an 86% increase in ability to manage their own anger and an 83% increase in ability to identify nuanced emotions in others.
• Will food be provided for participants?
• Yes! Guests will be provided with:
• Saturday: complimentary breakfast and lunch
• Sunday: complimentary breakfast and lunch
• How can I stay up