Wireless Configuration for Mac OS X
Connect to WCL's New Wireless Network
- Select the Airport menu in the menu bar.
- From this menu, make sure the AirPort is set to On. If not, select Turn Airport On.
- From this same menu, select wcl.
- You will be prompted with an authentication window. Enter your portal (my.american.edu) User Name and Password in the spaces provided and click OK.
- Click Continue on the following Verify Certificate screen. You may need to put in your computer login credentials to accept these changes.
- You should now be connected to the wcl wireless network. To check your connection, open Network from System Preferences.
- Click on the Airport icon and you should see the following:
- Close the AirPort status window and open your Web browser to verify you can access the Internet.
NOTE: These screenshots are from a Macintosh running Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), but the instructions will also work for Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), and Mac OS 10.3 (Panther). Users running Mac OS 10.2 (Jaguar) may experience problems if the Airport software is out of date.
For further assistance, please contact the IT Help Desk at 202-274-4021 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.