S.J.D. Program Graduates
DR. YI-YUAN (WILLIAM) SU
S.J.D. Program Graduate
Dr. Yi-Yuan Su successfully earned his S.J.D. from American University Washington College of Law in the Summer of 2009. His dissertation was titled “Potential Development of a Southeast Asia Regional Economic Integration Organization as a Strategy for Expanding Regional Cooperation under the Global Climate Change Regime.” His fields of study and professional expertise include: International Environmental Law, International Law, Climate Change Law and Policy, Sustainable Development Policies, International Trade Law, and interning with the Climate Institute in 2005. Dr. Su is fluent in English, Mandarin, and Taiwanese.
Degrees & Universities
S.J.D., American University Washington College of Law, 2009
LL.M, American University Washington College of Law, 2005
M.B.A., Tamkang University School of International Study, Taipei, Taiwan, 2002
LL.B., Soochow University School of Law, Taipei, Taiwan, 1995
Academic Honors and Achievements
Essay Award 2002, Cross-Straits Common Market Foundation, 2002
1. The Effect of The Kyoto Protocol on Taiwan, Volume VI, Issue 2, Journal of Sustainable Development Policy & Law, Washington College of Law, American University, U.S.A., Winter 2006. (anonymous reviewed.)
2. The Rule of NGOs in Clean Development Mechanism Transaction, Volume 3, Number 3, Taiwan Journal of Law and Technology Policy, Bioethic & Law Center, Institute of Law for Science and Technology, National Tsin-Hua University, Taiwan, September 2006. (anonymous reviewed.)
3. Ownership Reform and Efficiency of Banks in China, working paper, Special Issue of Review of Development Economics, Asia Pacific Economic Association, Beijing, June 2006. (anonymous reviewed.)
4. The Legal Analysis of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Litigations, working paper, Soochow Law Review, Taiwan, Fall 2007. (anonymous reviewed.)
5. Global Environment Facility-The Participation Opportunities and Limitations of Taiwan, working paper, Fall 2007.