State Regulation of Prescription Drug Data Mining
- Meredith Jacob. Testimony to the Health Facilities & Occupations and Government Operations Subcommittees of the Maryland State House Health and Government Operations Committee. (December 3, 2008).
- Sean Flynn. Comments on the Consideration of Regulating the Use of Prescription Data to Target Marketing, Gifts and Other Incentives to Doctors. Testimony before Subcommittee C of the Joint Judiciary Committee, West Virginia State Legislature. (August 26, 2008).
- Sean Flynn. The Constitutionality of Massachusetts' Legislation to Ban Data Mining. PIJIP Blogs. (July 17, 2008).
- American University Press Release. Consumer Groups Defend Vermont Prescription Data Privacy Law: Brief filed by American University Law Professor Defends the Vermont Prescription Data Mining Law. July 23, 2008).
- Brief for the National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices, et. al. as Amici Curiae Supporting Defendants, IMS Health v. Sorrell. No. 1:07-cv-00188. (July 20, 2008).
- Sean Flynn. The Constitutionality of State Regulation of Prescription Data Mining. BNA Pharmaceutical Law and Industry Report. (November 11, 2007)
- Sean Flynn. Testimony to the Washington DC City Council on the Safe Rx Act of 2007. (October 16, 2007)
- Sean Flynn. Comments on Massachusetts Legislation- House No. 2197, An Act Controlling Health Care Costs. (October 4, 2007).
- Sean Flynn. The Constitutional Battle Over State Regulation of Data Mining. (August 30, 2007)
- Sean Flynn. Statement in response to decision in IMS v. Ayotte. (May 1, 2007)
- Brief for Kelly Ayotte as Amicus Curiae Supporting Defendants, IMS Health v. Ayotte. No. 06-CV-280-PB. (2006)
- American University. AU Washington College of Law Information Justice and IP Program Joins Consumer Groups in Defending D.C. Law Prohibiting Prescription Drug Price-Gouging (November 6, 2006).
- Brief for the National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices, et. al. as Amici Curiae Supporting Appellants, Biotechnology Industry Organization v. District of Columbia. No. 2006-1593. (2006).
Medical Organizations' Documents
- American Medical Association. Resolution 606: Opt Out program
- AMA Physician Data Restriction Program Brochure
- National Physicians Alliance, The Sale of Physician Pres Health Care Costs—The National Physicians Alliance Calls for a Ban
- Report. Infuse Anonymized Patient-Level Information into the Brand-Planning Process to Drive Profitable Growth (November, 2006)
- IMS Press Release. IMS Announces Integration of Anonymized Patient-Level Data Across Global Portfolio of Offerings (November 2006).
- CALPIRG 'Tis Always the Season for Giving (September 2004)
- Kaiser's Survey of Doctors: Doctors and Prescription Drugs (March 2002)
- David Grande (editorial). Annals of Internal Medicine: "Prescriber Profiling: Time to Call it Quits" (May 15, 2007)
- Annals of Internal Medicine: "Pharmaceutical Marketing Research and the Prescribing Physician" (May 15, 2007)
- BMJ: "No more Free Lunches" (May 31, 2003)
Selected News Stories
- Daniel Carlat for the New York Times Magazine. "Dr. Drug Rep." (November 25, 2007)
- How Drug Reps Know Which Doctor to Target (August 29, 2006)
- Focus on Pharm Free
- San Francisco Chronicle: "Pushing Pills" (August 6, 2006)
- New York Times: "Doctors Object to Gathering Drug Data" (May 24, 2006)
- PharmaExec.com: "More than a Game of Keep Away" (May 1, 2006)
- The Atlantic.com "Drug Pushers" (April 2006)
- New York Times: "High-Tech Stealth Being Used To Sway Doctor Prescriptions" (November 16, 2000)
Related Web Sites