2014 - 2015 Academic Year Sponsored Events
First Year Trial Advocacy Competition (FYTAC), January 24, 2015
FYTAC offers prospective members a taste of mock trial competition through the presentation of an abbreviated case. Advocates will be given a short case file, from which they prepare only a closing argument for both sides. Advocates will be allotted 15 minutes to present their closings. Participation in FYTAC is not required for entry onto Mock Trial, but is highly encouraged.
HURRY! REGISTRARION ENDS January 21, 2015
If interested, please visit http://www.wcl.american.edu/org/mocktrial/1lcompetition.cfm for more information on how to register.
Spring Qualifying Tournament (SQT), February 21, 2015 – February 22, 2015
SQT is the only way to join Mock Trial in the spring semester. Advocates will be given a short case file, from which they will prepare every part of the trial, including an opening statement, one direct examination, one cross examination, and a closing argument. Advocates will also be expected to handle evidence. If selected to advance to the second day of SQT, advocates will present their case with a co-counsel. Advocates will be allotted 30 minutes to present their case.
If interested, please visit http://www.wcl.american.edu/org/mocktrial/sp_qual.cfm for more information on how to register.
The Mock Trial Honor Society,
in conjunction with the Trial Advocacy Program and the Office of Career and Professional Development
Host a Diverse Panel of Litigators to Discuss:
Careers in Litigation
Jasmin Mize, Assistant Public Defender
Alexandria Office of the Public Defender
William M. Shiffman, Partner
Shiffman & Shiffman PC
Brenda A. González, Associate
Bryan Cave, LLP
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
12:00pm – 1:00pm in Room 100
Food will be served
Questions? Email MockTrialHonorSociety@gmail.com
- Spring Qualifying Tournament Demonstration Sessions - Dates and Times TBA
- First Year Trial Advocacy Competition, 1L Closing Argument Competition - January 23, 2015
- Spring Qualifying Tournament - February 21-22, 2015
- MTHS and WCL Host, The Capitol City Challenge Mock Trial Competition - February 26 - March 1, 2015
- November 4, 2014 - Annual 1L Demonstration Session (Co-hosted with Moot Court and Alternative Dispute Resolution Honor Societies)
- September 5, 2014 - Fall Qualifying Tournament for Transfer and Upper-Level Students
- January 25-26, 2014- First Year Trial Advocacy Competition
- January 13, 2014 - Mock Trial Honor Society Information Sessions
- November 20, 2013 - Careers in Litigation Panel
- October 30, 2013 - WCL Competition Team Trivia Contest at Public Tenley