The International Law Society (ILS) promotes student involvement in and understanding of issues of importance to the international legal community. ILS secures prominent speakers on a wide variety of topics and sponsors an annual career forum in international law. ILS also supports the Jessup International Moot Court Competition. ILS is a member of the International Law Students Association.
- ILS WELCOMES THE 2005-2006
Ankita Singh, as President; Emily Cowley, as Vice President; Rohan Prashad as Treasurer; Johnny Cossa as the Public Relations Chair, Pemra Hazbay as the Membership Chair, and Cassandra Tillinghast as Secretary. Congratulations!
- Thanks to the 2004-2005 Board - Sean, Sally, Annelies, Sara, Laura, and
Ankita- for a job well done!
- Congratulations to the AU-WCL Jessup Team for becoming the #1 national team and semifinalist at the International Rounds!
JOIN THE ILS & THE LISTSERV
To become a member, complete the membership form and submit it to the ILS. (See form for more information).
Be informed of upcoming events and activities - join the listserv. To join, email WCL_ILSemail@example.com.
- Stay tuned for upcoming events for 2005-2006.
- The Ins & Outs of International Alternative Dispute Resolution,
Tuesday, March 1st
co-sponsored by the Alternative Dispute Resolution Society.
Over 50 students and community members attended the international ADR panel. Mr. Feldman, Of Counsel at Garvey Schubert Barer and adjunct professor at WCL, moderated and introduced the esteemed panelists: Ms. Lorraine Brennan, ICC Court of Arbitration in North America, presented the structure and procedures of the ICC. Eckhard Hellbeck, White & Case, LLP and WCL Alum 87, gave the audience the perspective from a private law firm, and Mark Kantor, retired partner, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy and Professor, Georgetown Law Center, concluded with a presentation on the limitations of international ADR (see handout information below).
Click here for handout "Limitations on Arbitratin", by Mark Kantor
- U.S. Department of State visit Friday, November 19th
ILS Members with Jennifer Toole (far right),
Attorney at the U.S. Department of State's Legal Advisor,
Office of International Claims and Investment Disputes,
and AU-WCL alum
- 11th Annual International Law Career Forum Nov 6th-12th
Professor Paul Williams (left) talking with participants
after his panel about networking.
- (Click here for more pictures and
- Law Firm Visit to Sidley Austin Brown & Wood LLP
October 12, 2004
Click here for more information.