Thank you for contacting Online Help for The Washington College of Law. Answers to common problems with the Desire2Learn(D2L) Learning Environment can be found below:
Playing streaming videos and recorded lectures
If you are having trouble viewing streaming videos in newer versions of Safari, there is a' Safari Power Saver' feature that may need to be disabled. To disable the Power Saver function in Safari in order to allow plug-ins to run:
- Enter Safari Preferences.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Uncheck the box to "Stop plug-ins to save power."
- Reload the webpage containing the Mediasite video presentation and it should play properly.
In addition, in some cases videos may be displayed in a 'new' or secondary tab; try allowing for popups while accessing the D2L Learning Environment. Close other programs you may also be running to maximize performance. For additional video playback assistance, contact the WCL Media Control Center.
Viewing certain course content
Often times presentations, readings, and media are opened in a 'new' or secondary tab; try allowing for popups while accessing the Learning Environment. Uncheck “block pop-up windows' for the Desire2Learn site. Contact the WCL Help Desk for further assistance. Questions around the course content and grades must be directed to your Professor(s) teaching the online course.
Participating in a live Adobe Connect session
The Adobe Connect session will launch in a 'new' or secondary tab; try allowing for popups while accessing the D2L Learning Environment. Audio is broadcast via your computer speakers (VoIP) and / or Teleconference Bridge. If you are having issues using VoIP, it is recommended that you run through the Audio Setup Wizard to optimize your experience: Select 'Audio Setup Wizard' from the 'Meeting' menu. If you prefer to listen over the phone, click the telephone icon in the Application Bar to see the dial-in information. For further assistance, contact only Adobe Connect In-Meeting Technical Customer Support at 1-800-422-3623.
Note: If you are experiencing an urgent system-critical problem, email firstname.lastname@example.org to send a second escalated email and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Difficulty logging in
- If you do have AU credentials, at the login screen enter your AU username and AU password, select AU Account , and then the Login button.
- If you do not have AU credentials, enter the username provided and the password you chose, select non-AU Account, and then Login button.
- For AU users only: If you need to reset your AU password, access the MyAU site at https://myau.american.edu and click the Reset an expired or forgotten password link below the Password field. Contact the American University Office of Information Technology for further assistance with AU passwords.