- Making Professional Strides: Q&A with Alumna Reem Sadik '14
- Legal Rhetoric Program Hosts Legal Writing Workshop for Attorneys
- AUWCL Celebrates Advocates during 17th Annual Cicchino Public Service Awards Dinner
- 1L Receives Prestigious Public Interest Labor Fellowship
- 20th Annual Sylvania Woods Conference Explores the Future of the Profession for Black Lawyers
- AUWCL Expands Yellow Ribbon Program for Veterans
- AUWCL Welcomes U.S. Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch as 2016 Commencement Speaker
- Alumna Alice Paul '22 Honored with Women's Rights Memorial
- Student Spotlight: Miranda Dore Named Akin Gump Pro Bono Scholar
- AUWCL Celebrates Recent Faculty Promotions at DC Alumni Reception
- Center for Human Rights & Humanitarian Law Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- 20th Anniversary of WCRO: Keynote on the Principle of Complementarity
- OAS Senior Officials Present at AUWCL during Founders' Celebration
- Conference Addresses "Gender Equality: Voices from the Global South"
- AUWCL Hosts 20th Meeting of the International Telecommunications Satellite Organization Advisory Committee
- American University Washington College of Law and the American Society of International Law Present Annual Grotius Lecture
- Equal Justice Foundation Hosts 22nd Annual Public Interest Auction to Fund Student Scholarships
- Puerto Rican House Members and Scholars Participate in a Panel on Territory's Status, Debt at AUWCL
- Vis Moot Court Team Earns Awards for Oral Advocacy, Places in Top 20
- AUWCL Celebrates 120 Years of Pioneering Women in Law
- April 15, 2016
AUWCL Welcomes U.S. Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch as 2016 Commencement Speaker
- April 4, 2016
Conference Addresses "Gender Equality: Voices from the Global South"
- March 13, 2016
Camille Nelson Named New AUWCL Dean
- March 3, 2016
Academy on Human Rights and Humanitarian Law to Host Intensive Summer Program at New Tenley Campus
- February 16, 2016
American University Law Faculty, SCOTUS Blog Founder Tom Goldstein Analyze What's Next for U.S. Supreme Court
Tenley Campus News
American University Washington College of Law Public Relations and Marketing
The AUWCL Office of Public Relations and Marketing is responsible for representing and promoting all facets of the law school through a variety of methods and media -advertising, branding, publications, video, social media, and website content. The office works with the media to connect faculty experts with reporters and producers covering current legal topics. The law school and its faculty experts receive more than 7,000 media hits each year from outlets in the U.S. and around the world. View some of our recent media highlights here.
In addition, the office works with AUWCL's Admissions Offices and its more than 20 special programs on marketing and outreach initiatives throughout the year. Please see our staff biographies below for information on the appropriate contact person for your needs.
Director, Public Relations and Marketing
Franki Fitterer has been the director of public relations and marketing at AUWCL since 2008. She manages the law school's marketing and media relations initiatives as well as publications and web content, and is the primary media contact for questions regarding the law school and its programs. She was previously the associate director for marketing and communications at California Western School of Law in San Diego where she directed the media relations and marketing programs. At California Western, Fitterer also conducted extensive media outreach for the California Innocence Project, a program that worked to free wrongfully convicted inmates. She has a B.A. in Communication (Journalism) from the University of San Francisco and an M.A. in Political Science from American University's School of Public Affairs.
Assistant Director of Marketing
Megan Crawford joined the public relations and marketing team in fall 2013. She manages marketing and program advertising for Abroad and D.C. Summer Programs, publications, and other general marketing projects. Crawford brings over five years of marketing and communications project management experience overseeing the implementation and development of print and online initiatives. Her background includes financial and health care marketing with an emphasis on education and literacy. She holds an MBA from Old Dominion University and a B.S.B.A. in Marketing from the University of Tennessee at Martin.
Public Relations Coordinator
Maria Mikey joined the public relations and marketing team in June 2015. In her role, Mikey focuses on media relations, social media strategy, event publicity, and content marketing. She previously worked with the public relations team in CNN’s Washington, D.C. bureau and served as a communications assistant for the School of Nursing & Health Studies at Georgetown University. She holds a B.A. in Journalism from St. Petersburg State University and an M.P.S. in Public Relations and Corporate Communications from Georgetown University.
Staci Gorden joined the Office of Public Relations and Marketing in July 2013. She works on marketing and outreach projects for the law school, with special focus on the LL.M. programs, the Office of Online Education, and the International Legal Studies Program. She works with departments to build awareness of programs through the creation of electronic and print materials, web content and videos. She also manages day-to-day activity on social media accounts. Staci's background is in communications and documentary film production. She holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia and an M.A. in Television-Radio-Film from Syracuse University.