On the Docket: Looking Ahead at the New Supreme Court Term
Sept. 20, 2017
The American University Washington College of Law Program on Law and Government and the ABA Public Education Division are hosting an in-depth discussion of the most high profile cases of the upcoming U.S. Supreme Court term, Thursday, Sept. 28, 2017, at 5:30 p.m., at AUWCL (4300 Nebraska Ave., NW).
For the first time, the American Bar Association and AUWCL are pairing their annual Supreme Court preview events. "On the Docket: Looking Ahead at the New Supreme Court Term," will feature an outstanding group of experts in immigration law, civil rights, voting rights, privacy, criminal justice, and more.
The panel will be moderated by AUWCL Professor Stephen Wermiel, an expert on the Court and co-author of Justice Brennan: Liberal Champion, the definitive biography of the late Supreme Court Justice William J. Brennan Jr. The panel will feature Tom Goldstein, founder of Scotusblog and one of the nation’s most experienced Supreme Court practitioners, who has argued 40 cases before the Court.
• Tom Goldstein '95 – Partner, Goldstein and Russell, P.C.; Founder of ScotusBlog
• Janai Nelson – Associate Director-Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
• Jayesh Rathod – AUWCL Professor of Law and Director of the Immigrant Justice Clinic
• Richard Wolf – USA Today Supreme Court Correspondent
• Stephen Wermiel – AUWCL Constitutional Law Professor (Moderator)
There will be a brief reception beginning at 5:00 p.m. followed by the panel from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
Media can register through the event page or by contacting Franki Fitterer at email@example.com. The event is free and open to the public. Continuing Legal Education credit will be applied for (1.5 credits) – cost for CLE for this event is $55.