AUWCL Partners with Congressional Hispanic Caucus for Training Seminar
Today AUWCL and the Congressional Hispanic Caucus will present the fourth and final session of the leadership and board governance training seminar, “Making a Difference: Serving on Nonprofit Boards.” The seminar is designed specifically for the 2014-15 CHCI Graduate Fellows - exceptional Latino college graduates from across the country with unparalleled exposure to professional experience in the public policy arenas of education, health, housing, law, and STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) who have placements in the executive and legislative branches, federal agencies, and nonprofit, civil rights, and professional organizations.
Today’s session includes a mock exercise and positions the fellows to explore governance possibilities on nonprofit boards. Special guests and speakers include:
- Susan Bennett, Professor of Law and Director of the Community and Economic Development Law Clinic, American University Washington College of Law
- Cristina Antelo, Vice Chair, CHCI Board of Directors
- Marla Bilonick, Executive Director, Latino Economic Development Center
- Carmen T. Joge, Vice President of Governance, Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute
- Evie Unsworth, Student Trustee-Elect for the American University Board of Trustees