November 15, 2019 – All-day Conference at American University Washington College of Law: This event will be held at Grossman Hall. Registration and continental breakfast begin at 8:30am. Join us for a full day of influential panelists and speakers discussing food integrity issue areas such as environmental impacts and climate change, worker rights, public health, and animal welfare. A climate-conscious lunch will be provided free of charge.
- Underrepresented Truth: Exploring inadequate and unequal access to environmental justice (unique challenges of low-wage workers, immigrants, undocumented workers and the rural poor.
- Overcoming legal bars to truth-telling: Legal professionals discuss industry tricks of the trade such as veggie libel, SLAPP suits, defamation threats, non-disclosure agreements, and sealing documents.
- Contract Farmers and the Growing Resistance in Rural America: Former whistleblowers and their allies who challenge corrupt corporate farming models.
- Fast Food: Impacts of USDA’s Increased Pork and Poultry Line Speeds. What does this mean for workers, animals, food safety and the environment?
- Food and Climate Change: The truth about how what we eat can affect the planet. Panelist discuss the role of agriculture in the mitigation of our climate crises.
Special Events & Continuing Legal Education
Special Events & CLE
Washington College of Law
Tenley Campus - Yuma YT01 Grossman Hall
4300 Nebraska Avenue, NW