The annual International Conference on Legislation and Law Reform focuses on how laws are written in the United States and around the world at the international, national, and subnational levels. It provides an unparalleled opportunity for a wide range of experts to meet and exchange knowledge and perspectives on a topic of great importance to governance: the drafting and reform of laws.
Informative presentations from a diverse array of legislative experts, including:
- Craig Volden, Associate Dean, University of Virginia, notable author on the U.S. Congress.
- Wim Voermans, Professor, Leiden University, President of the International Association of Legislation.
- Sarah Lawsky, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Northwestern Pritzker School of Law.
- Wade Ballou, Legislative Counsel, U.S. House of Representatives.
- Don Colagiuri, Barrister, Parliamentary Counsel of New South Wales.
- Jeannine Bednar-Giyose, Director, Treasury Department, South Africa.
- Elizabeth Bakibinga-Gaswaga, Legal Adviser, Commonwealth Secretariat.
- Building a better Congress
- Plain language legislative drafting
- Rule of law and the American justice system
- Law and the European migration crisis
- International regulatory standards
- Social protection legislation in Ghana
- Judicial interpretations in China
- Agenda 2030: UN sustainable development
CLE accreditation pending
Special Events & Continuing Legal Education
Special Events & CLE
Washington College of Law
4300 Nebraska Avenue, NW
Washington DC 20016