Following is a calendar of events for the DC Chapter of the Marshall-Brennan Project. For a list of events for other local chapters please visit your local chapter webpage.
- August 19-20, 2014: Mandatory orentation for new Marshall-Brennan Fellows.
- November 15, 2014: Marshall-Brennan Local William H. Karchmer Moot Court Competition
- March 27-29, 2015: National Marshall-Brennan High School Moot Court Competition
- April 4, 2014: Jamie Raskin debates Eric Lerum on the school closure issue, please click here to watch!
- April 3, 2014: Marshall-Brennan Conference: From Constitutional Literacy to Political Change. Please click here for the program schedule, and here for speaker bios. To watch live coverage of the conference, please click here.
- Summer 2013: Ira C. Rothgerber Jr. Conference: Public Constitutional Literacy , Published by the Denver University Law Review
- May 15, 2013: Chicago Activist Brian Stirgus and Other Students Honored at End-of-Year Celebration
- September 17, 2013: Constitution Day with the Department of Jusitce.
- September 17, 2012: Constitution Day Forum with the Department of Education. Please see the program event here.
- April 1-2, 2011: National Marshall-Brennan High School Moot Court Competition, Drexel University Law School, Philadelphia, PA
- April 8, 2011: Spring Karchmer Moot Court Competition for DC area Marshall-Brennan High School students.
- March 29, 2011: Secretary of Education Arne Duncan applauds the Marshall-Brennan Project in his talk on "The Next Generation of Civics Education.
- February 16, 2011: Careers in Education Law Panel - This fabulous panel featured attorneys working in Education Law with great insight into careers available in the field.
Listen to the Podcast! Panelists included: Eric Lerum, former Chief of Staff to the Deputy Mayor for Education in Washington, DC, Rachel Levinson, Senior Counsel at the American Association of University Professors, Julie Miceli, the Chief of Staff and Special Counsel to the Federal General Counsel, and Sarah Tomkins, an educational attorney at the Law Office of Donna L. Wulkan. Biographies available by following this link.
- May 19, 2010: William H. Karchmer End-of-Year Celebration for Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project schools
- April 16, 2010: Spring William H. Karchmer Local Moot Court Competition
- March 17, 2010: Founders' Event: "Student Privacy and Dignity in an Era of Fear"
- August 17-18, 2010: Marshall-Brennan DC Fellows Orientation, American University Washington College of Law, Washington, DC
- September 17, 2010: Constitution Day! See teaching modules on Marshall-Brennan homepage.
- September 24-26, 2010: Constitution From the Courts: The Next Amendment, national conference, American University Washington College of Law, Washington, DC
- November 13, 2010: DC Chapter Fall Moot Court Competition, American University Washington College of Law , Washington, DC
- February 22, 2009: C-SPAN commemorates the 40th Anniversary of the landmark First Amendment case Tinker v. Des Moines Independent School District. Guests on the show include petitioner Mary Beth Tinker, Professor Maryam Ahranjani, and Tom Hutton, a senior attorney with the National School Boards Association.
- April 16, 2009: Symposium on the 40th Anniversary of Tinker v. Des Moines School District
- May 21, 2009: William H. Karchmer End-of-Year Celebration for Marshall-Brennan Constitutional Literacy Project schools
- August 18-19, 2009: Orientation for new Marshall-Brennan teachers in Washington, D.C.
- August 24, 2009: Law students begin teaching in D.C. public high schools
- August 31, 2009: Law students begin teaching in Montgomery County public high schools
- September 17, 2009: Celebrate Consitution Day
- November 22, 2009: Getting a hands-on lesson about the U.S. Constitution
- November 21, 2009: William H. Karchmer fall high school moot court competition for D.C.-area Marshall-Brennan students