International Organizations, Law and Diplomacy
Summer Program in Washington and Geneva
May 30 - June 23, 2017
- Development Finance, the World Bank, and other IFIs, Matthew Glasser, 2 credits
- The Law of International Organizations, Nneoma Nwogu, 2 credits
- Models of Regionalism: The African Union and the European Union, Patrick Ukata and Daniele Gallo, 2 credits
- Trade and Diplomacy, Aluisio de Lima-Campos, 2 credits
- Introduction to International Workers’ Rights, Desiree LeClercq, 1 credit
- G20, UN and IMF: Sovereign Debt and Finance for Development, Cecilia Nahón, 1 credit
- Introduction to International Intellectual Property (offered by PIJIP), Sean Flynn and Antony Taubman, 1 credit
Intellectual Property & Trade Track:
June 26 - July 14, 2017
- Intellectual Property Law and Policy in the Multilateral System, Christine Farley, 2 credits
- The World Trade Organization: Rule Making and Dispute Settlement, Padideh Ala’i, 2 credits
- The International Labor Organization: Decent Work Agenda, Janie Chuang, 2 credits
- Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law: Current Challenges, Claudia Martin, 2 credits
Welcome and Introduction:
The Program on International Organizations, Law and Diplomacy (PIOLD) is designed to foreground the challenges that lawyers face in working for public, private, and nongovernmental clients in international organizations including the World Bank Group (WB), the International Monetary Fund (IMF), and the Delegation of the European Union (EU) to the United States of America in Washington, DC. PIOLD offers the same cutting edge training for lawyers interested in practicing in the World Trade Organization (WTO), the Word Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the International Labor Organization (ILO) and the UN Human Rights Treaty Bodies in Geneva, Switzerland. These new challenges beg for creative lawyering that can address new institutional solutions through heterodox strategies. PIOLD provides legal and soft skills for lawyers who need to navigate the changing architecture of global governance in a multicultural environment.
- Apply now for summer 2017!
- Summer 2017 Program on International Organizations, Law and Diplomacy in Washington and Geneva Info Session - click here for the video recording
- Please join us on social media!
An ABA-approved program