The Tech, Law & Security (TLS) Speaker Series is a monthly opportunity for the diverse Washington College of Law (WCL) student body to engage with distinguished practitioners in TLS subject areas. The Series was launched in early 2020 with former NSA General Counsel Glenn Gerstell and has featured senior attorneys from the CIA and Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board.
TLS Speaker Series
October 28: LtGen (Ret.) Vincent Stewart in conversation with Colonel (Ret.) Gary corn. Join TLS Speaker Fall 2020 Launch to learn about Lieutenant General (Ret.) Vincent Stewart's career and current work in intelligence.
- Colonel (Ret.) Gary P. Corn, Director, Tech, Law & Security Program; Senior Fellow, R Street Institute (Moderator)
- LtGen (Ret.) Vincent Stewart, Chief Innovation and Business Intelligence, Ankura
October 28, Free Speech Project: Do We Need a First Amendment 2.0?. Join New America and TLS at 11:30 am as we discuss what structures and limits are needed to allow our “free speech” ideals to flourish? And what is the role and relevance today of the First Amendment?
- Jennifer Daskal, Professor and Faculty Director, Tech, Law, & Security Program
- Anne-Marie Slaughter, CEO, New America
- Geoffrey R. Stone, Edward H. Levi Distinguished Service Professor of Law, The University of Chicago
- Neil Richards, Koch Distinguished Professor in Law, Washington University School of Law
Director, Cordell Institute for Policy in Medicine & Law
- Ciara Torres-Spelliscy, Professor of Law, Stetson Universit
November 10: Erika Brown Lee in conversation with Alex Joel. Join TLS Speaker Series to explore what it is like, as a lawyer, to deal with privacy and technology issues in government versus the private sector.
- Alex Joel, TLS Scholar-in-Residence (Moderator)
- Erika Brown Lee, Senior Vice President, and Assistant General Counsel, Mastercard
June 23: TLS hosted Alumni in National Security Networking, an online event for students, featuring three distinguished WCL national security alumni discussing their career paths.
- Brad Brooker, Acting General Counsel, Office of the Director National Intelligence
- Carrie Cordero, Robert M. Gates Senior Fellow and General Counsel at the Center for a New American Security
- Andy Fausett, Senior Counsel for National Security on the Democratic staff of the U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary
- Alex Joel, Scholar-in-Residence, Tech, Law & Security Program
- Adam Klein, Chairman, Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board
A recording of the event can be viewed here.
Mar. 4: TLS hosted a lunch.
- Dana Dyson, Chief, Office of General Counsel’s Mission Center and Operations Division, Central Intelligence Agency.
Jan. 29: Launch of TLS breakfast speaker series with National Security Agency General Counsel Glenn Gerstell.