Letters and Submissions to the World Intellectual Property Organization
- Sign on Letter to WIPO Director General Francis Gurry on IP and the Covid-19 Response. (April 2020). Endorsed by 500+ organization and individuals.
- Joint Comment to WIPO on Copyright and Artificial Intelligence. (February 17, 2020). Endorsed by 16 Members of the Network.
Letters and Submissions, re: Changes to Copyright Law
- Comments to the National Assembly’s Portfolio Committee on Trade and Industry, Summer 2021:
- Malebakeng Forere, Klaus D. Beiter, Sean M. Fiil-Flynn, Jonathan Klaaren, Caroline Ncube, Enyinna Nwauche, Andrew Rens, Sanya Samtani and Tobias Schonwetter. Joint Opinion on the President’s referral of the Copyright Amendment Bill back to Parliament. May 10, 2021.
- Creative Commons South Africa. Letter to President of South Africa. (March 26, 2020)
- Sean Flynn. Testimony to U.S. Special 301 Committee, Responding to IIPA's Request to Place South Africa on the Priority Watch List. (February 27, 2020).
- Submissions to the U.S. Trade Representative for the 2019 GSP Country Practice Review of South Africa. (January, 2020) (13 separate submissions from Members of the User Rights Network.)
- Comments to the South African Select Committee on Trade and International Relations (NCoP), February 2019.
- Joint comment by Global Expert Network and Creative Commons to South African Parliament, re: Copyright Amendment (2017) [B13-2017] – July 18, 2018.
- Global Expert Network Submission to South African Parliament re: Copyright Amendment Act 2017 – July 7, 2017.
- Legal Academics’ Letter to South Africa re: Copyright Reform, Mar 2015
- Letter to Colombian Government re: Proyecto de Ley “Por la cual se modifica la Ley 23 de 1982 y se adiciona la legislación nacional en materia de derecho de autor y derechos conexos”. Sep 2016
- Submission to Australian Productivity Commission in response to PWC Report on Costs and Benefits of Fair Use, Apr 2016
- Profs. Sag, Hinze, and Jaszi Submission to ALRC, July 2013
- Profs. Peter Jaszi, Michael Carroll, Sean Flynn and Meredith Jacob. Comment to the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore, re: Public Consultation on Proposed Changes to Singapore’s Copyright Regime. Nov 2016
- Submission to New Zealand Government on the Implementation of the Trans-Pacific Partnership Intellectual Property Chapter, Apr 2016
- Letter to the Senate Education and Culture Committee of the Uruguayan Parliament, re: BIT Provisions. Mar 2016
Letters and Submissions, IP in Trade Agreements
- Michael Palmedo. Submission to U.S. Trade Representative on the Negotiating Principles for a U.S.-Kenya Trade Agreement. April 2020. Submission.
- Letter from 38 individuals and 16 organizations to NAFTA negotiators re: protections against third party liability for online intermediaries. Jan 21, 2018: Letter
- Washington Principles on Copyright Balance in Trade Agreements. Joint statement endorsed by 79 experts and civil society groups. Nov 15, 2017: English | French
- Statement on US Proposal for TPP Limitations & Exceptions Clause, Aug 2012