IP at the Supreme Court Series: Commil USA, LLC v. Cisco Systems, Inc.
March 31, 2015
4:00pm | Room 600
Reception to Follow
In PIJIP’s ongoing Supreme Court Series, a panel of counsel for amici and parties will discuss the case on the afternoon following oral argument before the Court. The live webcast will be available once the event begins.
- Prof. Michael Carroll, American University Washington College of Law (Moderator)
- Felicia H. Ellsworth, WilmerHale, counsel for respondent Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Jason W. Melvin, Finnegan, counsel for amicus curiae AbbVie, Inc.
- Matthew Levy, Computer and Communications Industry Association, counsel for amicus curiae Computer and Communications Industry Association
- Jim Crowne, American Intellectual Property Law Association, counsel for amicus curiae AIPLA
Whether the Federal Circuit erred in holding that a defendant’s belief that a patent is invalid is a defense to induced infringement under 35 U.S.C. § 271(b).
All briefs available on SCOTUSblog: Commil USA, LLC v. Cisco Systems, Inc.