IP at the Supreme Court Series: Alice Corporation Pty. Ltd. v. CLS Bank International
March 31, 2014
4:00pm | Room 401
Reception to Follow
In PIJIP’s ongoing Supreme Court Series, a panel of counsel for amici and parties will discuss the case on the afternoon following oral argument before the Court.
- Judge Paul Michel, Chief Judge (Retired), United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Amicus Curiae
- Professor Pamela Samuelson, Richard M. Sherman Distinguished Professor of Law, UC Berkeley School of Law
- Professor Kevin Collins, Professor of Law, Washington University School of Law
- D. Zachary Hudson, Bancroft PLLC, Counsel for Amicus Curiae, International Business Machines Corporation, in Support of Neither Party
- Paul Hughes, Mayer Brown LLP, Counsel for Amicus Curiae, BSA | The Software Alliance, in Support of Respondent
- Suzanne Michel, Senior Policy Counsel, Google, Inc., Amicus Curiae
Moderated by: Prof. Jonas Anderson, American University Washington College of Law
Whether claims to computer-implemented inventions – including claims to systems and machines, processes, and items of manufacture – are directed to patent-eligible subject matter within the meaning of 35 U.S.C. § 101 as interpreted by this Court.
All briefs available on SCOTUSblog: Alice Corporation Pty. Ltd. v. CLS Bank International