LLM/MBA Dual Degree
We are pleased to offer the dual LLM/MBA degree program with the Kogod School of Business. As the first LLM/MBA dual degree program to be offered in the United States, the American University Washington College of Law and the Kogod School of Business offer an exciting opportunity for students to study law and business on a global level. This two-year program offers students the unique opportunity to earn a LLM degree from AUWCL and a MBA from Kogod. The LLM/MBA dual degree program works to prepare students to be effective international lawyers and responsible business leaders in today's global world.
Students applying to the LLM/MBA program are not required to take the GMAT or LSAT exam.
Applications for the LLM/MBA program are only accepted for the Fall semester.
- First apply to the LL.M. in International Legal Studies
- Indicate in your statement of interest why you are applying to the dual LLM/MBA program
- Once you receive an admissions decision from AUWCL, you will be instructed to apply to Kogod using the following instructions
- Submit an online application to the Kogod School of Business
- Select the dual degree option on the Kogod application (listed as JD/MBA or LLM/MBA) and receive a coupon code to waive the $100 MBA application fee
- Email email@example.com when the application to Kogod has been submitted and ask for your documents to be forwarded to Kogod for review
Admission to either the LLM in International Legal Studies or the MBA program does not guarantee admission to the other.
LLM/MBA Contact Information
Kogod Graduate Admissions Office
MBA (Year 1)
- 33 credits
- Strategic Decision Making Capstone course
LL.M. (Year 2)
- 16 credits
- Two 25-page research papers
- American Legal Institutions (for civil-law trained lawyers)
- Legal Research & Writing (for civil-law trained lawyers)