Dear Conference Participants:
We, at the International Legal Studies Program, are delighted you're able to join us for our 30th Anniversary Conference and Celebration. To make your travels to Washington, D.C. a little easier, we are providing some helpful information regarding entry into the United States. As you know, different U.S. entry requirements (visa, visa waiver program, etc.) may apply depending upon your country of citizenship. Please review the following U.S. government links to determine which entry requirements are applicable to you:
If your situation is one that requires you to obtain a visa to enter the United States, you should apply for a B-1 business visa, which is typically a straight-forward process. Firstly, you will need to request an original letter of invitation and an original letter to the U.S. Consulate from American University Washington College of Law. To request these letters, please fill out the information at the bottom of this page.
After receiving your letters, you will need to take them, along with your passport, to the U.S. consulate to apply for the B-1 visa. We recommend contacting your U.S. consulate soon, as some consulates require the advance scheduling of such an appointment.
Some countries, identified in the link below, participate in the visa waiver program. However, to participate, nationals of those participating countries must apply online through the Electronic System for Travel Authorization. Nationals of participating countries must also meet eligibility requirements to participate in the visa waiver, so we encourage you to visit the follow site for more information:
We look forward to having you at American University Washington College of Law this October!
- The address is where we'll send the letters, so it must be one that is acceptable to international carriers such as Federal Express and DHL (Do NOT enter a P.O. Box number)
- The name you enter must match your name exactly as it appears on your passport!
- Do NOT write in all capital letters!
- If a section is not applicable to you leave it blank. (Example: if you do not have a zip code leave it blank, do not enter 00000)
- Please provide a phone number , so delivery company can contact you.