This option is only available to individuals with a law degree.
Participants must complete a minimum of 64 hours of class. This minimum can be achieved by registering for three courses. Participants can enroll in a fourth course, if they wish to, at no additional cost. Additionally, diploma participants must submit a 5-page essay on a human rights issue of their choice before the start of the program and give a brief presentation of their work before a panel of professors and human rights experts.Enrollment for the Diploma is limited to 35 candidates.
Only paid and completed applications will be considered.
• Online application form
• Application fee of $70*
• Résumé no longer than three pages
• Statement of interest no longer than one page
*Non-refundable. Not applicable for American University Students
Applicants whose first language is not English and who wish to enroll in English classes may be asked for proof of English competency by submitting one of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum TOEFL score of 580 on a paper based test or 93 on the internet based.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) with a minimum score of 63
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5
- International Legal English Certificate (ILEC)
- An English language course at a language institution
- A higher degree program in an accredited English-speaking institution
- A study abroad program that required taking courses in English
Diploma participants MUST:
• Attend the orientation session on: Monday, May 29
• Attend 3 of the conferences and/or panels organized as part of Human Rights Month by the Academy
• Attend at least one of the events organized by the Academy to international organizations
• Submit a 5-page essay on a human rights issue of choice by May 21st, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Present their paper submitted during the application process before a panel comprised of peers, faculty members and human rights experts
• Take exams (see below for more information)
This fee includes all reading materials.
This fee is $100 after the deadline
All Participants must attend 90% of all course sessions in order to receive the Diploma. Two tardies will be counted as an absence.