AUWCL Office of Diversity and Inclusion Hosts New Student Orientation Diversity Panel and Networking Reception
On Tuesday, August 21, 2018, the Office of Diversity and Inclusion held a New Student Orientation Diversity Panel and Networking Reception. During the event, panelists shared their words of wisdom for the new students. Additionally, the spoke from their diverse perspective about how their backgrounds shaped their views and learning within the classroom. The panel was comprised of current student leaders and alumni so that a broad range of experiences and perspectives could be shared. Faculty member, Angela L. Davis, concluded the panel.
The panelists were:
- Judge Zuberi Williams ‘03, Associate Judge, District Court of Maryland
- Richard Rodriguez ‘11, Assistant Attorney General, District of Columbia
- Allen Liu ‘18, Immediate Past President, Student Bar Association (SBA)
- Wendy Bonilla, Latino/a Law Students Association (LaLSA) President and Student Bar Association (SBA) Vice President
- Lauren Chapmen, Lambda Law Society Outreach Chair
- Haley Magwood, Black Law Students Association (BLSA) President
- Kendra Brown, Senior Director for Diversity, Inclusion & Affinity
A Networking Reception followed the panel. Attendees included faculty, staff, new students and their families, as well as continuing students.