Students seeking information regarding grantseeking and funding opportunities for educational expenses and research projects should find the following links helpful.
Fulbright Scholar Program 2015-2016 competition opens February 1. Applications are due August 3, 2015.
AAUW Selected Professions Fellowships are awarded to women of color applying for their third year of study. Applications open August 1 - January 10.
The following online resources are available from any computer on campus. If you are off campus, you can log in with your AU credentials.
Foundation Directory Online: Database of over 100,000 foundations, corporate giving programs, and grantmaking public charities in the U.S., as well as a database of 2.4 million grants and 700,000 IRS Forms 990 and 990-PF.
- General URL: go to http://www.american.edu/library/research/
- Click on Search Databases
- Click on the letter “F”
- Scroll toward the bottom and click on Foundation Directory Online Professional
- Video Tutorial: http://grantspace.org/classroom/Online-Classes/introduction-to-finding-funders-webinar
COS Pivot: Comprehensive, editorially maintained database of funding opportunities with scholar profiles.
- General URL: http://pivot.cos.com/funding_main
- Video Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProQuestPivot
Grant Forward: Database with a rapidly expanding inventory of foundation, federal and other funding sources while providing an intuitive, powerful search.
- General URL: https://www.grantforward.com/index
- Video Tutorial: https://www.grantforward.com/education
Grants.gov: Provides advanced searches for funding opportunities and programs offered by federal agencies.
- General URL: http://www.grants.gov/web/grants/home.html
Additionally, AU’s Office of Sponsored Programs offers training sessions on a variety of topics useful in grantseeking and for the management and administration of grants once they are received. Please check their website for details on upcoming trainings and how to register: http://www.american.edu/provost/osp/Training.cfm#