Member Profiles - Ms. Ruchira Goswami
Lecturer of Sociology
West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Calcutta
||75B Satish Mukherjee Road,
Calcutta: 700 026, West Bengal,
||91-33-2335 0534/7379 - (Office)
98305 50080 (Mobile)
||email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
|Date & Place of Birth:
||November 07, 1972; Mumbai, India
- M.Sc. in Human Rights from London School of Economics. Passed with Merit in 2003.
- M.A. in Sociology from Calcutta University. Ranked first with first class in 1996.
- B. A. in Sociology (Hons.) from Presidency College, Calcutta.
- Topic of Dissertation:
- Development Induced Displacements and Forced Evictions - Impact on Women in India (For M.Sc. in Human Rights)
- Women as Victims of Fear - Study of Women Working in the Private Sector in Metropolitan Calcutta. (For M.A. in Sociology)
- Special Paper: Sociology of Crime and Deviance.
- Area of Interest: Gender Studies & Human Rights.
- Lecturer in Sociology in West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Calcutta.
- Guest Lecturer in International Development Studies in International Summer School, University of Oslo, 2003.
- Guest Faculty in Sociology in B.Sc. (Management) Course under University of London (Lead College - London School of Economics) at Techna premises, Salt Lake, Calcutta.
- Guest Lecturer in Sociology in Department of Engineering, Jadavpur University, Calcutta.
- Worked as a part-time Lecturer In Department of Sociology, Haldia Govt. College, Midnapore (West Bengal)
- Worked as a part-time Lecturer In Department of Sociology, Maulana Azad College, Calcutta
- Conducted classes of M.A. (Preparatory Course) under Annamalai University.
- Worked in Govt. of India project: "Evaluation Study of the Scheme of Assistance for Strengthening Culture and Value in Education" under Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
- Worked in a Research Project: "Women in Tebhaga Movement" under Unit of Women Studies, Jadavpur University as transcriptor and translator.
- Worked as Programme Associate in CINI (Child In Need Institute) in West Bengal Sexual Health Project (WBSHP) & reproductive and Child Health Project (RCHP).
- Participated in the International Summer School in a course on International Development Studies at University of Oslo, August 2002.
- Participated in the National Conference in Sociology organised by Indian Sociological Society at Aligarh Muslim University.
- Participated in National Conference on Human Rights, Social Movements, Globalisation and the Law organised by Indian Centre for Human Rights & Law at Panchgani (Maharashtra) during December 26, 2000 to January 01, 2001.
- Participated in National Conference on Elementary Education organised by National Alliance for Fundamental Right to Education (NAFRE).
- "Freedom from Gendered Fear", Combat Law, Vol: 2, Issue 3, August-September, 2003
- Presented a paper on "Child Pornography on the Internet - A Socio-Legal Analysis" in the National Conference in Sociology organised by Indian Sociological Society at Amritsar.
- Presented case studies of Sexual Harassment at the Sexual Harassment Workshop in the National Conference on Human Rights, Social Movements, Globalisation and the Law organised by Indian Centre for Human Rights & Law at Panchgani, December 2000 - January 2001.
Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Life Member of Indian Sociological Society.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Combat Law.
Special Achievements & Awards:
- Awarded the British Chevening Scholarship in Human Rights, in 2002.
- University topper in Post Graduate course in Sociology, Calcutta University, 1996.
- Awarded Bachelor of Music from Rabindra Bharati University, Calcutta.
- Successfully completed the basic course in photography from Chhayapath, Calcutta.