Office of Finance & Administration
4300 Nebraska Avenue, NW, Suite 370
Washington, DC 20016
Suite 372, 202-274-4472
Suite 371, 202-274-4062
Suite 370, 202-274-4066
Suite 370, 202-274-4060
Suite 370A, 202-274-4061
Student/Activites Finance Information
There are three types of Departmental Deposits: Reimbursement, Revenue Account, and General Expense Offset deposits.
- Reimbursements are deposits to a particular object code, for example telecom or postage.
- Revenue Account Deposits are limited to departments that directly generate income and have corresponding revenue accounts.
- General Expense Offsets are deposited to the Expense Offset object code 4315 to reduce the overall expenses. For example, a payout of an insurance claim may be deposited to this account.
How to make a deposit
- Cash Deposits must be submitted to American University Washington College of Law's Office of Finance and Administration located in suite 370. The department making the deposit must use a Departmental Deposit form, sign and date the document. Please include the corresponding datatel account numbers. The Office of Finance and Administration will confirm the amount deposited and a receipt of that deposit will be maintained on file in suite 370. Cash deposits are strongly discouraged, American University prefers checks, money orders and credit card transactions.
- If debiting a credit card, please include: name, credit card number, expiration date and the type of credit card on a separate page.
- When depositing checks, write the account number where the funds should be deposited on the back of the check.
There are many steps in planning an event. Please visit the Events Planning section of this site to ensure that everything has been taken care of properly. This section includes the Alcohol Approval form, the Tax Exempt Certificates, and more.
|Student Account Numbers|
|Student Bar Association||40-086553-XXXXX-03613|
|Administrative Law Review||40-086553-XXXXX-03608|
|AU Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law||40-086553-XXXXX-02028|
|American University International Law Review||40-086553-XXXXX-03606|
|American University Law Review||40-086553-XXXXX-03607|
|Moot Court Board||40-086553-XXXXX-03612|
|Frequently Used Object Codes|
General Supplies and Expenses
Subscriptions & Publications
Group Membership & Dues
Food Service Expense
Postage & Shipping
Printing & Duplicating
Photographer - External Vendor