Office of Finance & Administration
4300 Nebraska Avenue, NW, Suite 370
Washington, DC 20016
Suite 372, 202-274-4472
Suite 371, 202-274-4062
Suite 370, 202-274-4066
Suite 370, 202-274-4060
Suite 370A, 202-274-4061
American University Washington College of Law Foreign Travel
Faculty and Staff Foreign Travel:
Email: To WCL Finance and Administration firstname.lastname@example.org four to two weeks in advance of travel:
- Name of Participant(s):
- Status: Faculty/Staff
- Department Arranging Travel:
- Exact Destination (Country, City and date in each if more than one stop):
- Number of Weeks/Days:
- Purpose of Travel: Three to four sentences
- Security Rating of destination (if the rating is high, 4 or 5, fax or email an assumption of risk form from the traveler for AU records) Risk The form can be found here: http://www.american.edu/finance/assumption_of_risk.pdf
Student Foreign Travel:
Forward a memo (hard copy) to WCL Finance and Administration 6-8 weeks prior to travelling (no exceptions).
- The memo should be addressed to the Provost Office of AU, and Cc'ed to Dean of WCL.
- List of Participants (if more then five (5) participants please forward electronic version as well), AUID# and Status
- Itinerary, exact date and name of city, country
- Contingency and Communication Plan
- Purpose of Travel
- Copies of completed Consent Forms for each student participant. Originals need to stay at WCL Finance.
- Please forward an attendance list with signatures or email confirmation that pre-departure meeting/information has been given to all participants.
- WCL Finance needs to secure the Dean's authorization on memorandum and forward's all paperwork to AU Provost Office.
- Risk Assessment Reports-WCL Finance prints these:
- WCL Finance keeps one complete copy of all documentation on file for three years
- All approved travelers are signed up for Global Accident & Health Protection Coverage. To read more go to AU's Risk Management website: http://www.american.edu/finance/rmo/index.html.
- All travel is subject to cancelation by American University if the security level changes.