Office of Finance & Administration
4300 Nebraska Avenue, NW, Suite 370
Washington, DC 20016
Suite 372, 202-274-4472
Suite 371, 202-274-4062
Suite 370, 202-274-4066
Suite 370, 202-274-4060
Suite 370A, 202-274-4061
Click here to view current job openings.
Paperwork is handled by the Office of Financial Aid. Each Fellow must have completed tax forms and an I-9 on file with HR in addition to the forms required by the Office of Financial Aid (202) 274-4040, Suite 505.
Summer Research Assistants
- The hiring process follows the same procedures as part-time staff. For more information, visit the Office of Finance & Administration in room 370.
- Summer Research Assistants can work no more than 40 hours/week (no overtime will be paid).
- Foreign Nationals - Submit a completed Employment Verification Form (for F & J Visas) to WCL's Office of Finance & Administration in room 370. This form is completed at the Office of International Services (OIS), Butler Pavilion, Room 408.
- Summer Research Assistants are paid bi-weekly. Time sheets must be signed by the professor by 12 NOON on the due date.
- Direct Deposit to one's bank account is available.
- The Payroll Schedule is available on my.american.edu.
Students must have a current Eligibility Form which gives the Federal Work Study award amount listed before they can be considered for hire through the FWS program. This form must be completed by the hiring department and returned to HR 202-885-3557 with supervisor and student's signatures, wage rate and division approval included.
Student Fellowships and/or Stipends
These are initiated through a disbursement request, which must include a Social Security Number.