Public Interest Loan Repayment Assistance Program (PILRAP)
Applications are due on October 1 by 5:00PM (EST).
The 2017 PILRAP application is no longer available. Please note: all PILRAP related communications, including the application and any supplemental forms, are to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application asks that you submit loan statements that include the balance, interest rate, repayment plan, and monthly payment amount for each loan. A redacted example of such documentation can be viewed by clicking this link. The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to request federal tax documents to verify the information provided on the application.
Mid-Year Certification (Due May 15)
PILRAP Mid-Year Employment Verification Form - Submit this form in May along with documentation of your having made loan payments for all previous months of the calendar year. All of this information should be scanned into a single attachment and emailed to email@example.com.
- Signed PILRAP application for the current year.
- Current repayment information on all qualifying existing loans.
- Verification of employment - documentation from employer of qualifying employment (form provided).
|October 1||Application Deadline|
|Mid-January||Award checks issued|
Eligibility for program participation must be reestablished each year. A new application and supporting documents must be submitted by the established deadline for award renewal or for PILRAP loan forgiveness to be determined. Failure to reapply will result in loss of assistance. Please see the Frequently Asked Questions for information on leaves of absence and inactive status.
In an effort to create an informal community of PILRAP participants as well as a resource for new and potential PILRAP participants, please consider the following options and indicate your interest by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a PILRAP recipient:
- I am willing to have my contact information made available to other current PILRAP participants.
- I am willing to have my contact information made available to potential PILRAP participants.
- I am willing to have my profile published in a PILRAP brochure or newsletter.
- I am willing to participate in a PILRAP panel on campus.
- I am willing to host or help organize a PILRAP function in my area.
All application materials must be scanned together and emailed as a single attachment in an email (with the subject heading “PILRAP Application”) to email@example.com by 5:00PM (EST) on October 1. Hard copies, faxes, and incomplete applications will not be accepted. An application is not considered submitted until the applicant receives a confirmation email from the Financial Aid Office. An applicant who does not receive a confirmation email within two business days of submitting the application must contact firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm receipt of the application. Late applications will not be considered.
Deadline: October 1 by 5:00PM (EST)
Click here to return to the main PILRAP page.