The Office of Faculty and Administrative Support Services (FASS) would like to welcome you to American University Washington College of Law. FASS comprises three functions which you will use frequently: Mail Services, Copy Center and Faculty Support.
The main FASS office is located in suite Y345, and the offices for the administrative assistants are located throughout the third and fourth floors. Your administrative assistant is available to assist you with your classroom and general office support. Adjunct faculty members also have access to assistance. Please see us in suite Y345, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any requests. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Below is a list of services available through the FASS office:
- Requests for class preparation (assembling course materials, document editing)
- Requests for room reservations
- Requests for A/V equipment, service and training
- Requests to post information and notices on MyWCL course site, i.e.,
- Class cancellations/make-ups announcements
- Posting reading assignments
- Preparing and posting course syllabus
- Course handouts
- Classroom and office supplies
- Exam preparation and administration
- Course packets production, scanning and/or photocopying documents
- Preparation of student recommendation letters
Your AU ID Number
Once you have been hired by the University and added to the employee database, you will be issued an ID number. Your AU ID number is an important number that will give you access to many of American University's and WCL's systems.
AU ID Card
The first step is to obtain your AU ID card. This card will give you your ID number. Visit the Office of Housing and Dining Programs located on the main campus on the first floor of Anderson Hall. The office is open Monday - Friday from 9:00am - 5:00pm. Metered parking is available nearby. All new faculty members must present a valid government-issued photo ID in order to receive an AU ID. Note: Never give out your AU ID.
Creating Your Account
With your AU ID number, your next step is to create your account on https://myAU.american.edu. This process will assign you log-in credentials, allow you to choose your personal password, give you access to employee information on the American University site, generate your email account and begin other important functions. WCL uses a customize communication tool called MyWCL which you will use in your daily teaching routine. You must create your account using these steps in order to gain access to your course page on MyWCL:
- Go to https://myAU.american.edu/.
- Click "Create Account".
- Enter your 7-digit AU Identification number and follow the instructions.
- At the end of this process, you will have your username and password.
- Within a few days of creating your account, you will have access to MyWCL, the law school's communication portal at https://my.wcl.american.edu.
Remember, your AU ID number should be kept confidential. Individuals may have access to your personal information or Eagle Bucks account with this number so do not give it out to anyone.
For a helpful printable version of this information, click here.
AU RAVE Alerts
Please make sure you are signed up to receive RAVE Alerts--go to www.getrave.com/login/american.
To register for AU Campus Connect/RAVE Text Alerts*, simply click the "Register Now" icon, and provide your AU username and password, as well as your first and last name.
- AU Alerts is designed to communicate important information such as campus emergencies, weather delays, and school closings to students, faculty, and staff. The system will only be used for critical communications.
- AU Alerts can be received by text message on your mobile phone* or by e-mail.
Should there be a need for special instructions, we will communicate information with the law school community via email, RAVE text alerts and through a recorded announcement at 202-274-4400.
*This service works with any carrier and any phone, however, standard text message rates may apply.
The WCL uses AvayaUnified Messaging which provides the same basic functionality of answering your incoming calls and recording messages, but with a wide range of additional features.
- Avaya Unified Messaging will provide one location for all of your e-mail, voice mail messages, and faxes to reside.
- Avaya will enable you to listen to your voice mail messages on your computer, telephone, or Blackberry.
- Voice mail messages will be available by phone, but also sent to your e-mail inbox.
- If you call into the system to check your messages, you will hear how many messages you have in both your voice mail and e-mail inbox. Then, you can have the system read them back to you.
- Deleting a voice mail or e-mail message from your e-mail will also delete it from your voice mail, and vice versa. You can annotate, save, and file a voice mail message indefinitely by dragging and dropping it into a folder on your computer.
For instructions on how to setup and access your voicemail, please click here.
- Parking passes can be obtain from the WCL Facilities department
- Employee Handbook
- School Year Calendar
AU Information Hotline
Washington College of Law Information