Professor of Law
Director, JD/MBA Dual Degree Program
Office: Room Y336
Perry Wallace is professor of law specializing in Environmental Law, Corporate Law and Finance. He is a member of the National Panel of Arbitrators, National Association of Securities Dealers Dispute Resolution and has recently been elected to the Board of Directors of the Environmental Working Group. He has written many chapters, articles and scholarly works on environmental issues, corporate governance and other issues.
There are no classes currently associated with this professor.
Areas of Specialization
- Business Associations / Corporations
- Environmental Law
- International Commercial Arbitation
Degrees & Universities
- J.D., Columbia University 1975
- B.Engr., Vanderbilt University 1970
- Perry Wallace, The Securities and Exchange Commission Issues Interpretive Guidance on Disclosure of Climate Change Impacts, White Paper (Apr. 8, 2010).
- Perry Wallace, Citizen Petition for a Ban on Triclosan, EPA Docket No. EPAHQ-OPP20100548 (Filed in behalf of Beyond Pesticides and Food and Water Watch) (Jan. 14, 2010).
- Perry Wallace, Commentary: Environmental Justice and the BP Oil Spill: Does Anyone Care About The "Small People" of Color?, 6 The Modern Am. (2010).
- Perry Wallace, An Overview of This Issue: Climate Change in 2009, 9 Sust. Dev. L. & Policy 2 (2009).
- Perry Wallace, Climate Change, Corporate Strategy, and Corporate Law Duties, 44 Wake Forest L. Rev. 757 (2009).
- Perry Wallace, Climate Change, Fiduciary Duty, and Corporate Disclosure: Are Things Heating up in the Boardroom?, 26 Va. Envtl. L.J. 293 (2008).
- Perry Wallace, Objectors' Consolidated Objections to Final Rules Establishing Tolerances for Residues of Sulfuryl Fluoride and Fluoride Anion, EPA Docket No. EPAHQ-OPP-2005-0174 (filed in behalf of Environmental Working Group, Beyond Pesticides and Fluoride Action Network) (2006).
- Perry Wallace, Accounting, Auditing and Audit Committees After Enron , et al.: Governing Outside the Box Without Stepping Off the Edge in the Modern Economy, 43 Washburn L.J. 91 (2003).
- Perry Wallace, The Globalization of Corporate Governance: Shareholder Protection, Hostile Takeovers and the Evolving Corporate Environment in France, 18 Conn. J. Intl. L. 1 (2002).
- Perry Wallace, Global Climate Change and the Challenge to Modern American Corporate Governance, 55 S.M.U. L. Rev. 493 (2002).
- Perry Wallace, Minority Economic Development and Investments: Trends and Challenges in the African American Community, 51 Admin. L. Rev. 1 (1999).
- Perry Wallace, Integration of Securities Offerings: Obstacles Remain for Small Businesses, 45 Wash. & Lee L. Rev. 935 (1998).
- Perry Wallace, Disclosure of Environmental Liabilities Under the Securities Laws: The Potential for Securities- Market-Based Incentives for Pollution Control, 50 Wash. & Lee L. Rev. 1093 (1993).
- Perry Wallace, Securities Arbitration After McMahon, Rodriguez, and the New Rules: Can Investors' Rights Really Be Protected?, 43 Vand. L. Rev. 1199 (1990).
- Perry Wallace, The Department of Energy's Nuclear Weapons Materials Complex: Bureaucracy, Secrecy and the Problem of Enviornmental Protection, Envtl. Persps. 3 (1989).
- Perry Wallace, Presentation, The Promise of the Commons (Walter R. Murray, Jr. Commons Lecture, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 4, 2007).
- Perry Wallace, Participant, United Nations Open Ended Working Group on the Montreal Protocol (Nairobi, Kenya, June 2007).
Selected Media Appearances
- Comcast SportsNet, "African-American Pioneers in Sports Roundtable" (Comcast Feb. 27 & 28, 2009) (Television Interview).
- Washington Post, "Basketball's African American Pioneers" (Wash. Post Feb. 15, 2008) (Newspaper Interview).
- Perry Wallace Honored as First Black SEC Basketball Player at Vanderbilt University (ESPN Feb. 13, 2006).