Dr. Patrick Ukata is the Director of the American University of Nigeria (AUN) project at American University. AU signed a five-year management and consultancy agreement in January of 2004 to assist with the development and building of a privately funded American-style university in Nigeria, the first of its kind in Sub-Saharan Africa. This agreement between AU and AUN has since been extended a number of times.
Dr. Ukata has taught courses in African Political Economy and International Law and Diplomacy at American University. He has also taught African Politics as an adjunct faculty at George Washington University.
Dr. Ukata specializes in the political economy and international relations of Africa, legal reforms and governance.
- LAW-723SA-001 African Union (Summer)
Degrees & Universities
- LL.M., New York University School of Law (in international law)
- M.A., Oxford University (in law)
- Ph.D., American University (in international relations)
- M.A., Roosevelt University (in political science)
- B.A., Roosevelt University (in political science)