Practitioner in Residence
Office: Room Y262
Richard joined the WCL faculty in 2002. He specializes in clinical legal education and in employment discrimination. He teaches in the Civil Practice Clinic. He joined WCL following a 29-year career as a senior trial attorney and deputy section chief in the Employment Litigation Section of the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice. Before joining the Department of Justice, Richard was a captain in the Army Judge Advocate General Corps.
Areas of Specialization
- Clinical Legal Education
- Employment Discrimination Law
Degrees & Universities
- J.D., American University Washington College of Law
- LL.M., Georgetown University
- B.A., Hobart College
- Richard Ugelow, I-O Psychology and the Department of Justice, in Employment Discrimination Litigation, Behavioral, Quantitative, and Legal Perspectives, 463-490 (Landy, ed., Jossey-Bass 2005).
- Richard Ugelow, Moderator, Organizer & Commentator, Taking the Heat (Panel Discusion on the Challenges Faced by Females in the Fire Service, American University Washington College of Law, Wash., D.C., Oct. 21, 2008).
- Richard Ugelow, Panel Remarks, Civil Rights Enforcement (Wash., D.C., Dec. 14, 2005).
Selected Media Appearances