Nancy M. Lawrence has been providing advice and counsel to individuals and a wide range of corporate clients and employees for over 35 years. Her practice is exclusive to immigration law. Ms. Lawrence provides strategies and guidance for appropriate filings with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, the Department of Labor, and the State Department (dealing with its embassies and consulates abroad). She teaches Family and Employment Based Immigration Law at American University Washington College of Law and The George Washington University Law School.
Ms. Lawrence has been recognized in the Best Lawyers in America ® lists every year since 2008, and she was included in Virginia Business magazine’s “Legal Elite” for Immigration in three separate years. Nancy has also been selected by Washingtonian magazine as one of Washington, D.C. area’s Top Lawyers for Immigration in 2009, 2011, and 2013 and was selected by Chambers USA in 2015 as a ranked lawyer in Immigration Law.
Degrees & Universities
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School 1978
- B.A., Clark University 1974 (magna cum laude)
Selected Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers in America® 2008-2015 - Immigration Law (Best Lawyers 2008 - 2015).
- 2015 Ranked Lawyer for Immigration Law (Chambers, USA 2015).
- Top Lawyers for Immigration (Washingtonian Mag. 2013).
- Top Lawyers for Immigration (Washingtonian Mag. 2011).
- Top Lawyers for Immigration (Washingtonian Mag. 2009).
- Legal Elite - Immigration Law (Va. Bus. Mag. 2006).
- Legal Elite - Immigration Law (Va. Bus. Mag. 2005).
- Legal Elite - Immigration Law (Va. Bus. Mag. 2002).