Leesa Klepper is a Professional Development Consultant to WCL and a long-standing member of the adjunct faculty. Since joining the adjunct faculty in 2004, she has taught in the Health Law Program, the JD Externship Program, the LLM Externship Program, the First-Year Legal Rhetoric and Writing Program, and the SJD Colloquium Course. Since 2013, she has also served as a consultant to the WCL Faculty Committee on Career Development and provides one-on-one professional skills coaching to students.
Professor Klepper worked as a health care lawyer in private practice, at Ropes & Gray, LLP and at Latham & Watkins, LLP, and as a lawyer for the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee. During her time in private practice, she counseled a wide range of health care entities, including hospitals, academic medical centers, and medical device companies, in regulatory, transactional, policy, and legislative matters. Her practice focused on issues including health information privacy, human subject research protections, corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and other topics at the intersection of U.S. health care policy and government regulation. Professor Klepper also served as special counsel to Senator Russell Feingold for Supreme Court nominations and as a counsel to the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee for Senator Patrick Leahy, where she worked on judicial and executive branch nominations and federal judiciary issues.
She is a member of the bars of Massachusetts and the District of Columbia, and has written articles on issues including the federal judiciary, and health care law and policy. She received a Juris Doctor cum laude from Harvard Law School and a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude from Yale University.
There are no classes currently associated with this professor.
Degrees & Universities
- J.D., Harvard Law School 1999 (cum laude)
- B.A., Yale University 1996 (Sociology and International Studies, magna cum laude)
- Leesa Klepper, Private Enforcement: An Update on HHS’ Enforcement of the HIPAA Privacy Rule, 10-12 CCH Health Care Compl. Ltr. 4 (June 12, 2007).
- Leesa Klepper, Heightened Government Oversight in Clinical Trials: Non-FDA Regulatory Issues That Sponsors Should Monitor, 8-16 CCH Health Care Compl. Ltr. 4 (Aug. 8, 2005).
- Leesa Klepper, Gender Diversity in the Judiciary, 52-6 Fed. Law. 20 (July 2005).
- Leesa Klepper Beyond the Tipping Point, http://www.acsblog.org/judicial-nominations-886-guest-blogger-beyond-the-tipping-point.html (Feb. 8, 2005).