Requirements for Field Placements
The field placement/organization must be:
- a not-for-profit organization, or,
- a federal, state or local government agency,
- a federal, state, or administrative court/tribunal
- a law firm, only if they are assigned exclusively to pro bono projects
- must be UNPAID.
- must entail substantive, law-related work.
- must be supervised by a licensed attorney.
- must provide adequate workspace for students to work on site. Working remotely is not permitted.
Requirements for Supervisors
All supervisors are required to sign a field placement contract form which outlines their responsibilities.